Rangers launches operation in Karachi, 25 arrested

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Rangers launch search operation in Karachi, 25 arrested

Last Updated On 03 August,2011 About 19 minutes ago

32040_33547401.jpg

The Rangers launched search operation in different areas of and arrested 25 people.

The Rangers launched a sudden search operation in the early hours of Wednesday in different areas including Orangi Town, Aligarh Colony, Gulfamabad and P Bukhari Colony.

According to the Rangers authorities, the operation was launched after intelligence information and some specific points were searched.

The whole area was cordoned off during the operation and nobody was allowed exit or entry in the area. The counter-terrorism squad of Rangers also participated in the operation which continued for two and half hours. The Rangers also arrested 25 suspected persons and recovered weapons from their possession.

On the other side, police say that two dead bodies were found from Bohra Pir area of Karachi while a dead body was also found from Jamshed Quarters.

According to police, all the persons were killed after they were kidnapped by unidentified people.

http://www.dunyanews.tv/index.php?key=Q2F0SUQ9MiNOaWQ9MzIwNDA=

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
LEAs nab 35 suspects in Orangi search operation

space2.jpg

Updated on: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 6:41:49 AM

sendbinary.aspx

Staff Report

KARACHI: In a joint police and rangers’ search operation in Orangi Town and surrounding areas, at least 35 suspected persons have been taken under arrest on Tuesday overnight, SAMAA reported.

Meanwhile, a large number of women gathered at the main Orangi Town Road and staged protest against the search operation, claiming that majority of the arrested persons were innocent.

Following the worst failure of police and rangers to maintain peace and order in Karachi, Frontier Corps (FC) has been okayed to exercise powers equal to that of police in a high-level meeting of Sindh government chaired by Federal Interior Minister Abdul Rehman Malik.

Over 2000 rangers’ personnel along with lady police officers participated in a massive search operation in Orangi areas including Kati Pahari, Qasba Colony, Banaras Bridge, Kadhafi Chowke, Ali Garh, Metro Cinema and others.

Also, the operation resulted in arrests of several alleged suspected terrorists.

Police and rangers’ officials told media that a heavy cache of arms and ammunition was recovered from a number of houses during operation.

Subsequently, hundreds of women gathered at a main Orangi Road and registered their disagreement against law enforcement agencies over nabbing innocent people.

Earlier, the Banaras Bridge had been closed for traffic and the areas leading to Orangi had been closed for people due to the commencement of operation.

Rangers continued snap checking in most areas in Karachi on Tuesday overnight. SAMAA

GraanG2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Good Move...At least save the innocent residents of Karachi...Don't spare anyone who is involved...Teach them a lesson.

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Good Move...At least save the innocent residents of Karachi...Don't spare anyone who is involved...Teach them a lesson.

I hope they succeeded (which I have my doubts) ............. Army is better equipped and will not get influenced by political actors.

Hazik

MPA (400+ posts)
yes these sort of action must have been taken a bit earlier, but all is well that ends well..........But any one can guarantee that it wont be politicized......

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Soon................ I guess let the 48 hours deadline pass.

yes these sort of action must have been taken a bit earlier, but all is well that ends well..........But any one can guarantee that it wont be politicized......

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Soon................ I guess let the 48 hours deadline pass.

Altaf's deadline is actually a cry from a guy who is political corpse in bed. He can see that Zardari very cleverly has put on the defensive and got him beat. Now if some one could have PPP beat, that would be great

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I dont know if any boy noticed, there arent too many MQM commandos here.

by the way a funny thing happened on my way back from traweeh. It was midnight and a coyote crossed my way, cause me to hit the break.

for some strange reason looking at the coyote, Asif Zardari flashed in my mind. Honestly, AH would have been more reasonable since we have been discussing him this evening.

Young_Blood

Minister (2k+ posts)
ye sab topi darama hai,,, result kuch bhe nahi nikalna,, 1 month k liay thora sakoon ho ga, kiun k jitne bhe crimnals hein killers hein wo underground ho jaien gay,, phir 1 month baad dobara yehi qatal o gaarat start ho jaey ge..
jab tak in crimnals ko sarr e aam hang nahi keeya jata,,, tab tak ye killing karachi main chalti rahay ge,,,

Karachi k her area ka SHO waha ke political party ke marzi se tainaat hota hai,, aur waha ke police uss party k killers ko free hands deti hai,,, sab se simple aur easy hal ye hai k her area k SHO ko sakhti k saath ye order ker do k agar waha aik bhe killing hoi to sho sahab aap responsible ho gay,,, mein dekhta hoo killing kese nahi rukti,,,

2nd,,, main ne kaha tha apni 1 se 2 saal poorani posts main k MQM per bura waqt aaey ga,, aur phir ye sattya jaaein gay,, aur aap dekh lijiay,, MQM walay sattya gay hein,,, ALLAH un sab ko garq ker de jo karachi k dushman hein, aur jo munafiq hein,, jo kehtey kuch hein, kertey kuch hein,,,

aamirbelgium

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
hope this time they dont stop it earlier then acheiving their goals. Clean karachi from thoes paid killers and dismental their terrorist network may allah help them to work honestly.

aushami

MPA (400+ posts)
I dont know if any boy noticed, there arent too many MQM commandos here.

by the way a funny thing happened on my way back from traweeh. It was midnight and a coyote crossed my way, cause me to hit the break.

for some strange reason looking at the coyote, Asif Zardari flashed in my mind. Honestly, AH would have been more reasonable since we have been discussing him this evening.

I hit one few months ago. And it really damaged my car. My vote is still for Zardari. :)

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Pakistani troops deployed after 34 killed in Karachi
Authorities called in paramilitary soldiers and police to quell political and criminal violence in Pakistan's largest city on Tuesday after 34 people were killed here in less that two days, officials said.
6:49PM BST 02 Aug 2011
k_1962718c.jpg

A policeman patrols the troubled area of Karachi today Photo: AFP/GETTY

Violence in Karachi, a sprawling port city of 18 million, has added to the political instability in the nuclear-armed, U.S.-allied nation and provided another distraction for the government as it fights a Taliban-led insurgent movement. It also undercuts Pakistan's struggling economy, because Karachi serves as the country's main commercial hub.

Police have found bodies scattered across different parts of the city since Monday morning, some riddled with bullets and others that showed signs of torture and were tied up in gunny sacks, said Sharufuddin Memon, the security adviser to the chief minister of Sindh province.

Karachi, which is the capital of Sindh, has a long history of political, ethnic and sectarian violence, and much of the fighting is blamed on gangs allegedly affiliated with the city's main political parties.

"There are political rivalries in the city, but criminal elements like drug and land mafias capitalise on the situation, making the things worse," Memon said.

He said that 11 people were gunned down on Tuesday, and 23 were killed the day before. The killings fit into a broader pattern of violence in Karachi that claimed the lives of more than 300 people in July, he said.

[h=2]In an attempt to contain the violence, authorities have called in 1,000 paramilitary troops from the Frontier Corps and also police from the Frontier Constabulary, Memon said.[/h]

The recent bout of violence followed a decision in late June by the Muttahida Qaumi Movement, the city's most powerful political party, to leave the federal coalition led by the Pakistan People's Party and join the opposition.
Fighting intensified in mid-July after Zulfiqar Mirza, a senior member of the People's Party, lashed out at the head of the MQM. Mirza called Altaf Hussain a murderer and an extortionist and also maligned the city's Urdu-speaking community that makes up the party's base although he later apologised.
A large number of MQM's supporters are Urdu-speaking descendants of those people who came to Karachi from India soon after the birth of Pakistan in 1947. The party dominates politics in urban areas of Sindh, including Karachi, but over time it has seen challenges to its power from the People's Party and the Awami National Party, a Pashtun nationalist party.
There were at least 490 political, ethnic and sectarian killings in Karachi during the first half of the year, and more than 1,100 killings of all kinds, according to the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan.
Also on Tuesday, a suspected U.S. drone fired two missiles at a car near the Afghan border, killing four alleged militants, said Pakistani intelligence officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to brief the media.
The strike took place in Kutab Khel village near Miran Shah, the main town in the North Waziristan tribal area, the officials said. The area has a mix of both Afghan and Pakistani Taliban fighters, as well as other foreign militants, they said.
The U.S. refuses to acknowledge the covert CIA drone program in Pakistan publicly, but officials have said privately that the strikes have killed senior Taliban and al-Qaeda commanders.
Also in the northwest, a roadside bomb killed two Pakistani soldiers near Ladha town in the South Waziristan tribal area, said intelligence officials on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
South Waziristan was the main sanctuary for the Pakistani Taliban before the army launched a large ground offensive in 2009. Thousands of soldiers are still based in the area, and violence still occurs frequently.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...oops-deployed-after-34-killed-in-Karachi.html

Last edited: