RAW trying to assassinate Hafiz Saeed of JuD/LeT

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2013/08/07/news/national/raw-duped-jihadis-into-killing-hafiz-saeeds-security-chief/

RAW duped jihadis into killing Hafiz Saeeds security chief

Hafiz-Saeed-JuD-leader-480x238.jpg

As India accuses Pakistani border forces of killing five soldiers at Poonch sector of the occupied valley, Pakistani security agencies have unearthed a network of Indias premier intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), in Lahore which was plotting to assassinate Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, founder of the banned jihadi outfits Lashkar-e-Tayyaba and Jamaatud Daawa.

The plot was revealed during investigations into the gruesome killing of Khalid Bashir, the chief security officer of Hafiz Saeed.

New Delhi has long accused Saeed, the JuD chief, of fomenting terrorism in India. He is also a prime accused in the deadly gun-and-bomb attacks in Mumbai in 2008, resulting in a $10 million bounty on his head by the US government. However, senior Pakistani officials say that Saeed is helping in de-radicalisation and rehabilitation of former extremists and that official security is being provided to him because he could be targeted by militants who disapprove of Saeed's cooperation with the government.

THE PLOT

Intelligence sources told Pakistan Today that the plot to assassinate Saeed and his close aides was hatched in Dubai allegedly by a RAW agent identified only by one name Vinod.

The sources said that RAW engaged two local jihadi activists through an unidentified Pakistani handler for the job.

On May 15, 2013, Khalid Bashir, a 42-year-old father of seven, was abducted from Lahore by Zafar Qayyum and Bilal Ahmed Cheema, both of whom were enlisted by RAW during their jihadi operations in Afghanistan. Bashirs body was later found from the Upper Chenab Canal in Sheikhupura on May 17. The body bore multiple torture marks and bullet wounds, said the sources.

Revealing details gleaned from the two men during interrogation, the sources said that Qayyum and Cheema were assigned the task by a Pakistani handler who told the men that Bashir was an Indian agent and was working against the interests of JuD.

Bashir was associated with the JuD for over 25 years and was counted among Saeeds close aides. His mysterious killing had shocked Saeed and other members of the banned militant outfit as he had thwarted several assassination attempts on his leader and was responsible for coordinating every movement of the JuD chief.

Bashirs family had told police that the deceased had received a phone call on the night of May 14, and the caller had invited him for a dinner meeting the next evening. When Bashir did not return home after that meeting, his family approached the JuD leadership. Meanwhile, an unidentified caller informed the family that Bashir had been kidnapped.

An FIR No. 346/2013 was registered with Lahores Harbanspura Police Station under Section 365 of the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) but later Section 302 of the PPC was added to the FIR when Bashirs body was found from the canal.

LARGER SCHEME OF THINGS

Taking note of the sensitivity of the case, an intelligence agency obtained the call data records of the deceased which showed that the call he had received came from a SIM card which allegedly belonged to the RAW handler. Two other numbers traced from the SIM card record led to the arrests of Qayyum and Cheema.

Intelligence sources said that during the course of surveillance and call data records, Pakistani agents noted that Qayyum and Cheema were in frequent contact with each other, particularly after Bashirs killing. It was also learnt that the two men were residents of Gujranwala and had been driven to Lahore for the job by their handler.

During interrogation, Qayyum and Cheema revealed that their handler, who used a fake name, had dropped them off near Lahores Jinnah Hospital on May 15, after setting a meeting point with Bashir.

According to the arrested assassins, their handler told Bashir he wanted him to meet two jihadis and brought him to Jinnah Hospital from where they boarded his car. The handler offered intoxicated juice to Bashir who fell unconscious after only a few sips. Qayyum then shot at him with a pistol and the men sped away to Sheikhpura with the injured man, said the sources.

According to the assassins, they did not know the identity of the deceased until they read news reports about his killing.

Inspector Syed Imtiaz, in-charge investigation of Harbanspura Police, told Pakistan Today that the two suspected killers had been given in their custody for further investigation. Qayyum and Cheema have been shifted to jail for identification, he said, refusing to go into details.

THE REAL TARGET

According to the intelligence sources, detailed investigation into this plot revealed that the Indian spy agency had spent Rs 5 to 6 million on Bashirs killing, which they said was a test case for the ultimate trophy Hafiz Saeed.

They said that the RAW handler had disappeared from the scene after Bashirs killing and it was believed that he had escaped to Dubai soon after culmination of the operation.

Ahud1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The sources said that RAW engaged two local jihadi activists through an unidentified Pakistani handler for the job.

shafi3859

Minister (2k+ posts)
if india thinks that its all about Hafiz saeed, that would resolve that.... but what about kashmirries.... thats a ground reality... for that u have to finish occupation of the valley.

amir_ali

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Abhi thodi hi dair main yahan pae koi Mard E Haq Hafiz sb ko Khariji etc honae kae laqab sae nawaz dae ga.

SMAAS

Senator (1k+ posts)
main in ka supporter nai muger meri Allah se dua hai k Allah in kou Endian hijroun se mehfooz rukhey..... ............. Ameen

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Both individuals are supported by their respective intel agencies. Both belong to far-right fascist groups. Both individuals are supported by the conservative middle classes in the garbs of religion, and both advocate violence to pursue their interests.

and both HATE each other (publicly at least).

Call it whatever you like. I do not like fascists, esp. the Hindutva and Islamist jokers

Last edited:

SMAAS

Senator (1k+ posts)
Both individuals are supported by their respective intel agencies. Both belong to far-right fascist groups. Both individuals are supported by the conservative middle classes in the garbs of religion, and both advocate violence to pursue their interests.

Call it whatever you like. I do not like fascists, esp. the Hindutva and Islamist jokers

aPP KI BAAT TOU THEEK HAI MUGER ABI HUMEIN IN KI ZAROORAT HAI PAKISTAN MEIN SECULARISM K FAROUG KO ROKENAY K LIYE. WARNA GEO OR DOUSRAY HUMARAY MEHURBAN PAKISTAN KA KUCH OR HE IMAGE APNAY ZEHAN MEIN BINA KER BETHAY HOWEY HEIN. IS WAJA SE AGER ISI IN KO USE KERTI HAI TOU MUJEY AS PAKISTANI KOI MASLA NAHI. KEUN K PAKISTAN FIRST OR US MEIN JO B KERNA PAREY ZAROOR KERNA HAI.

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
aPP KI BAAT TOU THEEK HAI MUGER ABI HUMEIN IN KI ZAROORAT HAI PAKISTAN MEIN SECULARISM K FAROUG KO ROKENAY K LIYE. WARNA GEO OR DOUSRAY HUMARAY MEHURBAN PAKISTAN KA KUCH OR HE IMAGE APNAY ZEHAN MEIN BINA KER BETHAY HOWEY HEIN. IS WAJA SE AGER ISI IN KO USE KERTI HAI TOU MUJEY AS PAKISTANI KOI MASLA NAHI. KEUN K PAKISTAN FIRST OR US MEIN JO B KERNA PAREY ZAROOR KERNA HAI.

aisey logon ki zaroorat sirf humari Establishment ko hai.

aur inn jaison ki wajah sey aaj Islam ke naam par poore Pakistan mein jihadio ney qayamat macha dee hai

Kashmir fatah nah karsakey, laikin ab Pakistan mein bomb blast, firqawariat, ka khoob bazar garam kar rakha hai

sorry, we do not need such bigoted thugs. yeh sab saaley aasteen ke saanp hain.

Mullah Omar

Minister (2k+ posts)

you forgot to mention they both eat food and drink water, this further proves there is no difference :lol:, instead of giving moronic "similarities" why don't you just say that from your atheist perspective all religious people are equally bad.

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
you forgot to mention they both eat food and drink water, this further proves there is no difference :lol:, instead of giving moronic "similarities" why don't you just say that from your atheist perspective all religious people are equally bad.
there is a difference between a religious person and a violence-loving bigot.

whatever my beliefs are, violence and bigotry is something that I universally despise.

i have no problem with religious people. Unless YOU want me to have a problem with them that is.

Mullah Omar

Minister (2k+ posts)
there is a difference between a religious person and a violence-loving bigot.

whatever my beliefs are, violence and bigotry is something that I universally despise.

i have no problem with religious people. Unless YOU want me to have a problem with them that is.
ofcourse you have a problem with religious or else you wouldn't be coming up with stupid reasons to bash Hafiz Saeed. Now tell me JuD nein teray khilaf koun se violence ki hai?