Rethinking Islamic Reform

engrirfanmahmood

Voter (50+ posts)
Since I came to Europe I came to know about so many new things and I started thinking where we as a Muslims are heading towards specially when atheists like Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens etc criticising Islam and there was a question in my mind is there anyone from Muslims who are learned persons and can counter the propaganda being done by such people against Islam. Recently I saw a video of Mehdi Hassan(journalist) in a Oxford University Debate on same issue and here is another such video but this time experts (most influential scholars from west) and I felt happy that we have people like them working for the cause :) :)

Ahud1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I think Hinda won and Islam lost. whatever is happening round the globe with Islam is from within and it only because the family of Hinda

engrirfanmahmood

Voter (50+ posts)
Dr. Israr Ahmad (Doctor of Medicine & Masters in Islamiyat),
Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri (LLB, Phd in Islamic Laws)
Javed Ghamidi (BA Honours in English),
Mufi Muneeb-ur-Rehman (Masters in Islamiyat),
Tariq Jameel (MBBS & Islamic Education from Jamia Arabia, Raiwind),
Junaid Jamshed (Mechanical Engineer),
Dr. Zakir Naik (MBBS)
Aamir Liaquat Hussain (NO IDEA)
Prof. Ahmad Rafique Akhtar (A graduate of Government College, Lahore)
Khalid Masud (Masters in Islamiyat)

Relative Descending Order
Phd in Islamic Laws, Masters in Islamiyat, Informal Islamic Education, MBBS, Mechanical Engineer, BA Honour in English.
Up to you to draw conclusions

KhanHaripur

I think Hinda won and Islam lost. whatever is happening round the globe with Islam is from within and it only because the family of Hinda

Isn't this bakwas a invitation to sectarian debate ?
Yeh admins kahan soay huay hain jo khinzeer chahta hay bakwas kiyeh jatta hay.
Agar Rasoolullah SAW kisi ko maff kar dein to yeh shia kon hotey hain us baat ko dobara apni gandi munafiqana ghaleez zuban say baktay huay.

KhanHaripur

Check out Hamza zortzis vs kraus the 2nd biggest atheist destroyed in one night.

Dr. Israr Ahmad (Doctor of Medicine & Masters in Islamiyat),
Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri (LLB, Phd in Islamic Laws)
Javed Ghamidi (BA Honours in English),
Mufi Muneeb-ur-Rehman (Masters in Islamiyat),
Tariq Jameel (MBBS & Islamic Education from Jamia Arabia, Raiwind),
Junaid Jamshed (Mechanical Engineer),
Dr. Zakir Naik (MBBS)
Aamir Liaquat Hussain (NO IDEA)
Prof. Ahmad Rafique Akhtar (A graduate of Government College, Lahore)
Khalid Masud (Masters in Islamiyat)

Relative Descending Order
Phd in Islamic Laws, Masters in Islamiyat, Informal Islamic Education, MBBS, Mechanical Engineer, BA Honour in English.
Up to you to draw conclusions

KhanHaripur

Yeh Muttah aur peetna hi Islam nahi kon say Musalman ho jo Islam ko Lost kah rahy ho ?

Last edited:

Ahud1

Yeh Muttah aur seena peetna hi Islqm nahi kon say Musalman ho jo Islam ko Lost kah rahy ho ?
Brother i am not at all a shia told you thousands time and i wonder why on earth you always blame person like me to blame as shia to me that is equalent to Abuse.
Regrading Hinda yes read the histroy and you will find the Bait Hazrat Omar R.A took from this bich and the words of that Bait was taught by Prophet To Hazrat Omar

Mughal1

Understanding the quran is utterly dependent upon self awareness and awareness of universal realities. As mankind grow in better and better observations and understanding of themselves and their universal environment the quran is making better and better sense to them. It is because when people are born the universe is already there but people need to grow trying to make sense of it and when they have that sense the revelation starts making sense to them as well if they try and understand it. This is why the quranic text is fixed and its intended meanings are fixed but humanity has to explore it to find out and each person can only do so much. This is why understanding the quran is an open ended task because realities of things are not discovered in one day.

tariq is addressing the issue head on.

http://archive.org/details/EnglishTranslationOfTheQuran

Last edited:

Naamdar

Banned
I can't watch the video, but I do have a comment to make since you mentioned the so called New-Atheist. We have to understand that the criticism of New-Atheists springs from the actions of Muslims around the world i.e. their tendency violence that is rooted in their understanding of Islam. Also, the audience and readers of New-Atheists are not limited to non-Muslims. In fact their ideas are reaching a sizable number of Muslims, especially the youth that grew in a world where internet dominates communications. That explains the various Atheistic movements (online) in the Muslim world. The dominant narrative in Islamic World i.e. the one inspired by Wahabi Islam ,the manifestations of which we can see in Al-Qaeda, Taliban, Hamas etc is the one that our youth is exposed to. When they become skeptical they try to look for a more moderate narrative more in sync with their ideas. Unfortunately the militaristic explanations have permeated even Sufi Islam. That is the point when the youth turns to New-Atheists, to see what do they think of the mess the Muslims world finds itself in.

New Atheists take a post-modernist approach to Islam i.e. instead of a holistic view, they deconstruct it into parts. Kids get horrified when they are told the Prophet married a six years old girl, or that Islam didn't abolish slavery and that the Prophet himself had concubines and slaves. This sets the stage for a scientific and philosophical analysis of the concept of God.

Uzair Ahmed

Voter (50+ posts)
Tariq Ramadan is a great theologian of Islam in West.

All of you must read his works and watch his videos..

Search his website online and also watch his debates/discussions on Islam, Politics, Islamophobia, Islam in West, and many other topics...

Muslims need more scholars like him..

Note : Professor Tariq Ramadan is a grandson of Hassan Al Bana, the founder of Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

Imranpak

Islam was completed during pbuh life so is perfect, nothing can be added or subtracted now. It's Muslim's who need to reform.

lurker

Any Religious person is always going to lose any empirical debate. It's the nature of the debate that is against him. You cannot beat Facts with Faith. This is why you all see that mostly faith based debaters argue mostly the opposite person's OWN personality rather than the doctrine of facts. That's the ONLY possible way to not win but come out even. While the atheist has it easy. He has no God or Prophet to answer to.

Now if the debate is philosophical, then Islam has a chance of winning.