The Big Bang, Science & Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohnidhartie

Minister (2k+ posts)
Kun_Fa_Ya_Kun.jpg

Mughal1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
He didn't agree or disagree with big bang and Quran. I understood from this video that god said " be it " and it was. He changed the six days time of creation to six stages of creations. When he created the days to stages he did not explain what does it mean when it says that " God's one Stage(day) is equal man's 50,000 stages(yrs/days)

Dear unicorn, if you have the time please do visit the following thread http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?128293-Mixed-thread-for-educational-purposes/page2

As for six days, the words used in the quran are sittati ayyaam. Look up a good arabic english dictionary under roots SEEN, TAA and TAA for word sitta and YAA, WOW and MEEM for YOWM.

I have problem both with mullahs and scientists when they cross over to a field without knowing about it.

We need people who know scriptures and science both.

The first thin g first. Think about when you were born, what were you equipped with ie brain and senses. Why? So that you could self learn things like a self programming robot. Why do you think that was necessary? So that you could explore your own environment for your own survival, but why your survival and learning was important? So that you could one day through learning could raise yourself to ask such questions as need answers based on information that is beyond your own grasp. That is where scriptural information becomes vitally important. What does this tell us? It tells us that to understand the scriptures we must first come to know ourselves and our universe so that then we think about its creator and look for information he may have provided us with and so that then we could make similar attempts to understand it after being fully equipped with our so far learned information and its understanding.

This brings us to the question, why we need to do all this? It is because that serves the purpose of our creator. What was the purpose of creation and our role in it?

Here you need to pay a bit more attention with me so I hope you do.

You exist, what is the proof that you exist? The sign of life. What is sign of life? A living thing has the urge to move. We make a move to do something or accomplish anything at all. Nothing gets done or happens if we have no sign of life. God being a God has to be a living being, if that is the case then God is bound to express himself because it is not possible that a living thing does not make any move or does not do anything at all. If God does anything what will he do to express himself? He will end up showing his creativity. The creativity is best way to prove oneself living and being intelligent.

If God expressed himself in form of his creativity by bringing us creatures about he would also have the urge to have someone out there to appreciate his creativity. That being the case he will have to create such a being who is independent minded creature who can evaluate and thereby appreciate his creativity through its own creativity. Can you now see the connection between God and mankind and science and scripture and management of mankind and resources?

Unless humanity looks at God and creation in this context they will remain totally confused. This explanation shows mankind need more brain power not silly ritualism and senseless waste of time and energy in other useless tasks.

It is because man must understand himself to begin with then the environment he is placed in and then learn through revelation by properly understanding it.

So people who have no sense of what they are themselves or what the universe is all about can never understand divine scriptures because the very basic understanding needed for understanding scriptures has to be there before people can see what scriptures are actually saying. It is because a scripture will be useless if it is not about universal realities because that is what it is giving people instructions about. Will I be making any sense to you by telling you do this and don't do that if I am not aware of situation that you mare in? Not only I need to be awre but I also need to make you aware as to why I am telling you to do or not to do things.

I hope this goes some way to get your brain going.

regards and all the best.

nvra911

MPA (400+ posts)
...argument in favour of religion...
...pointing out a religious claim...
Justifying Islam for the sake of science or justifying science for the same of Islam are both useless pursuits.

I have seen so many similar videos where people clutch at straws trying to validate Islam from the proven facts of science.

Islam is a religion where 'Imaan bil ghaib' is the core tenet. Which means that you accept the whole religion without seeking any proof of the claims made by it. It works for some people but for me it doesn't and surely the leading scientists in the world also think the same.

I've never found a single scientist worth his mettle who has validated the wordings of Qur'an as being full of scientific wisdom. These claims are only made by people who have made 'selling' Islam their profession and are making money out of it.

In my opinion it is better that you should stick to what your agenda dictates.

It would be stupid to seek guidance from science on whether drinking is an immoral sin and why; and equally stupid to ask Qur'an that when you throw a frisbee in the air why does it sometimes come back to you.

But hey, leave it to these religious merchants and they would create such a fog in your brain that if you start by simply asking them about your curiosity about drinking or playing frisbee.
Really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.