The Ramadhan 2010 Thread

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
yeah thanks president but can u leave muslims alone plz...at least dont torture us on such mubarik month...at least for a while...

As you have done to us so shall be done to you.

Illuminatis key chakkaron mein Musalmani ko nuqsaan na phaunchaio. At the end of the day Allah will always side with Muslims, yeh uska wada hai

QaiserMirza

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Narrations from the Salaf on Ramadan

Jabir bin Abdillah (radi Allahu anhuma) said: When you fast, then your hearing should fast, and your sight and your tongue from lying and sinning. Let there be a tranquility and calmness over you on the days of your fasting, and do not make the days that you are not fasting and the days you are fasting equal"

Some of the Salaf used to say: Indeed Allah, the Most High, has made the month of Ramadan as a competition for His creatures, in which they may race with one another to His pleasure, by obeying Him. Thus, one group comes first and so they prosper and another group comes last and so they fail.)"]

Al-Zuhri said: When Ramadan comes, then it is [the time for] reading Quran and feeding others.

Hafsah bin Sireen said, Fasting is a shield for the one who does not rip it apart - and backbiting will rip it apart.

Some of the Salaf would say: For me to invite 10 of my companions and offer them iftar is more beloved to me than freeing 10 slaves from the children of Ismaeel.
Abu Al-Aliyah said: The one who is fasting is in a state of worship - as long as he does not backbite- even if he is sleeping on his bed.

Ubaydah Al-Salmani said: Be cautious of the two that break the fast: backbiting and lying.
Mujahid said: If you want your fasting to be complete and sound, then stay away from backbiting and lying.

It was narrated that when Abu Hurayrah (radi Allahu anhu) and his companions were fasting, they would sit in the masjid and say: lets purify our fasting.

-Taken from the short treatise Ramadan is Before Us - Shaykh Muhammad al-Muqaddim

QaiserMirza

Have You Thanked Allaah

وَقَلِيلٌ مّنْ عِبَادِىَ ٱلشَّكُورُ

But few of My slaves are grateful.

[soorah Saba, v:13]

Have You Thanked Allaah?

by Imaam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Salmaan al-Faars radhiyAllaahu anhu said:

There was a man who was given many of the luxuries of this world, and then they were taken away from him. But he continued to praise and thank Allaah until everything had been taken from him, even his bed. And then he still praised and thanked Allaah.
Another man, who had also been given many of the luxuries of this world asked him, What are you praising and thanking Allaah for? The man said, I am praising and thanking Him for blessings which, if others asked me to give them to them in return for all that they have, I would never give them up. What can they be? asked the second man. Cant you see? asked the first man. I have my eyesight, my tongue, my hands, my feet

Layth ibn Ab Burdah said:

When Allaah subhaanahu wa ta3alaa gathers people on the Day of Judgement, He will remind them of His blessings. One of His slaves will say: Remind me of something, and Allaah will say: Remember when you faced such-and-such adversity, and you prayed to Me, so I relieved you of it. Remember when you were travelling in such and-such a place, and you asked Me to give you a travelling companion, and I did so Remember when you asked for the hand of so-and-so the daughter of so-and-so, and others also asked for her hand, so I gave her to you to marry; and kept the others away. His slave will be standing before his Lord, Who will remind him of His many blessings.
Then the narrator of this story (Layth) wept and said, I hope that no one will stand before his Lord in this way, because the one who does so will be punished.
(i.e. if Allaah has to point out that which should be obvious, this is a sign of a persons ingratitude, and he will be punished.)

A man of knowledge said:

The blessing of Allaah to us in keeping the luxuries of this world away from us is greater than the blessing of that which He has given us, because Alalah did not like His Prophet to have the luxuries of this world. So I prefer to live in the manner which Allaah preferred for His Prophet than to live a life which He disliked for him.
Ibn Abid-Dunyaa said:

It was narrated to me that some scholars said: The scholar should praise Allaah for having deprived him of the luxuries of this life, in the same way that he should praise Him for what He has bestowed upon him. How can you compare the blessings and luxuries for which he will be accountable to the deprivation of luxuries which is a relief from being tested, and which keeps his mind free to worship and remember Allaah? So he should give thanks to Allaah for all of that.

A man said to Ab Haazim:

What is the gratitude of the eyes? He said, If you see good things, you speak about them, and if you see bad things, you keep quiet about it.

He asked, What is the gratitude of the ears? He said, If you hear something good, you accept it, and if you hear something bad, you reject it.

Then he asked, What is the gratitude of the hands? He said, Do not take what which does not belong to you, and do not hold back from paying the dues of Allaah (zakaat).

Then he asked, What is the gratitude of the head? He said: To have knowledge in it.

Then he asked, What is the gratitude of ones private parts?

He quoted:

Who guard their private parts, except from those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess for (in their case) they are free from blame, but those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors (soorah Al-Muminoon 23, v:5-7).

Ibn Abid-Dunyaa mentioned that Daawood (peace be upon Him) asked Allaah: What is the least of Your blessings?

Allaah subhaanahu wa ta3alaa revealed to him: O Dawood, take a breath.

Daawood did so, and Allaah told him: This is the least of My blessings on you.

وَإِذْ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمْ لَئِن شَكَرْتُمْ لأزِيدَنَّكُمْ

And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: if you are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you

[soorah Ibrahm, v:7]

Knowledge Seeker

Senator (1k+ posts)
9.jpg

jaanmark

YES all the time I have with my each breath when go in the body and come out .

I thanks my great great arrahman and arrahem ALLAH.

That ALLAH creater me as a humanben .

Thanks GOD

Peaceful

Citizen
Whose Islam is the best? - Sahih Bukhari (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands."

Sahih Bukhari (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Masha allah

Time ran in flashes of eyes, it feel like yesterday when we had same thread for last year, Alhamdulillah it will remain same, like all previous years, Sahri, office, this year I have late shift, so it will be rush to home from office for break fast, and then immediately to Mosque, Yes there will be a big change Insha Allah this Ramadan, I will pray Taraweeh under my "SON'S IQAMAT" great privilege of this Ramadhan.

Ramadhan Mubarak, May Allah Bless you. Definitely it is a great privilege and honor for the father of a Hafiz-e Qura'n. May Allah always Guide your son with His best Guidance. Ameen.