To the youth, Why should you question your religion???

KhanWarrior

MPA (400+ posts)
As i said, i have nothing more to add, you did not know before what was special,
and you searched a video from YouTube, and you expect me to watch it for your mental satisfaction.
, but did you watch it yourself, most likely its the first time you are watching this yourself, now there is no measuring scale to measure the beauty of a book,(if there is such a thing.)

For me,to judge a person, my argument about his wives is enough to convince me
that Islam is a man-made religion that the prophet used it for his sexual satisfaction, just like any other human being would have done if he had the same power as he had.

I don't need any other thing to convince me. Females are a weakness for every animal and we might have evolved but still have the animal instinct when it comes to females and mating that keeps the human population growing.

I do know about all of these specialities of Quran and did not googled them. And there are many more about which I do not know. Also I did watch videos of Dr fadil Saleh a few years ago and sometimes re-watch them also, I have subscribed the YouTube channel and even thanked the uploader a year ago for translating Arabic and providing it in English subtitles. When I read Quran I try to understand different verses and find the beauty and balance like he has done, I have found even more beautiful things inspite of mostly reading in translation ..............

Regarding Prophet and sexual desire .... Let's give you argument from Quran, so Quran has ayat where God tells the Prophet that if his wives want worldly goods and to leave him, then he should in a good manner depart them and also give them whatever he has of worldly goods. Do you think a person who is focused on sexual desire and is making Quran himself, should say these words ? .... I think he should say in a man-made book that these wives should be punished for asking to leave the Prophet.

And also after the prisoners are brought in war, God tells in the Quran that Prophet should either exchange them for any ransom OR let them go free and do a favor on them. There is no command of making anyone slave. If Prophet was making the Quran himself he should have said in the book that no one should be let go and all should be made slaves .....

If Prophet was making Quran himself and only goal as you said was sexual desire, then why does Quran orders the prophet that he is not allowed to marry anyone who does not believe in God, even if she is beautiful and he likes her. These are explicit words mentioned in the Quran that he will not marry them even if they are beautiful and he likes them ............ There are so many other things which contradict this argument that Prophet was just a person focused on sexual desire and Islam is just some side thing that got produced as a result of this conquest of sexual desire, even a few hours of study of Quran one realises how ridiculous this claim is .......

As I said before, you should focus on Quran for truth, about all the matters and also about the doubts, I gave you all answers from Quran ......... There is indeed a leap of faith in religion but it is always based on some intuitive truth along with deep reasoning about things ........

Last edited:

Noworriesbehappy

Councller (250+ posts)
I do know about all of these specialities of Quran and did not googled them. And there are many more about which I do not know. Also I did watch videos of Dr fadil Saleh a few years ago and sometimes re-watch them also, I have subscribed the YouTube channel and even thanked the uploader a year ago for translating Arabic and providing it in English subtitles. When I read Quran I try to understand different verses and find the beauty and balance like he has done, I have found even more beautiful things inspite of mostly reading in translation ..............

Regarding Prophet and sexual desire .... Let's give you argument from Quran, so Quran has ayat where the God tells the Prophet that if his wives want worldly goods and leave, then he should in a good manner depart them and also give them whatever he has of worldly goods. Do you think a person who is focused on sexual desire and is making Quran himself, should say these words ? .... I think he should say in a man-made book that these wives should be punished for asking to leave the Prophet.

And also after the prisoners are brought in war, God tells in the Quran that Prophet should either exchange them for any ransom OR let them go free and do a favor on them. There is no command of making anyone slave. If Prophet was making the Quran himself he should have said in the book that no one should be let go and all should be made slaves .....

If Prophet was making Quran himself and only goal as you said was sexual desire, then why does Quran orders the prophet that you are not allowed to marry anyone who does not believe in God, even if she is beautiful and he likes it, these are explicit words mentioned in the Quran that he will not marry them even if they are beautiful and he likes them ............

As I said before, you should focus on Quran for truth, about all the matters and also about the doubts, I gave you all answers from Quran ......... There is indeed a leap of faith in religion but it is always based on some intuitive truth along with deep reasoning about things ........
AS I SAID,I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO ADD.

KhanWarrior

MPA (400+ posts)
Is that all? Even if the language of the Quran is pure and beautiful poetry and fully logical, what about how the moral framework of the Quran allows Muslims to endorse the genocidal aims and horribly murderous acts of Hamas? Al-Qaeda? The Iranian mullahs? ISIS?

There are other beautiful works of poetry and books of logic and science.

Are you Jewish ?

AliSher

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Regarding Prophet and sexual desire .... Let's give you argument from Quran, so Quran has ayat where God tells the Prophet that if his wives want worldly goods and to leave him, then he should in a good manner depart them and also give them whatever he has of worldly goods. Do you think a person who is focused on sexual desire and is making Quran himself, should say these words ? .... I think he should say in a man-made book that these wives should be punished for asking to leave the Prophet.

If Prophet was making Quran himself and only goal as you said was sexual desire, then why does Quran orders the prophet that he is not allowed to marry anyone who does not believe in God, even if she is beautiful and he likes her. These are explicit words mentioned in the Quran that he will not marry them even if they are beautiful and he likes them ............ There are so many other things which contradict this argument that Prophet was just a person focused on sexual desire and Islam is just some side thing that got produced as a result of this conquest of sexual desire, even a few hours of study of Quran one realises how ridiculous this claim is .......

Salaam, so the goal was not all about sexual desire but conveniently there was a revelation just as soon as he wanted to marry his adapted sons wife.

you mentioned that it has scientific credence. my friend you did not watch the link i posted earlier. regardless, my view is that if im wrong ill be more than happy to accept Islam back.
and also, im not buying that quran is gods book becuase it has linguistic beauty.
firstly beauty is relevant.
secondy, you have been conditioned to find it beautiful for atleast a couple of generations
thirdly, I would like to understand a bit more on what you said regarding take 3 sentences and google translate it to arabic...

ahsu

Citizen
Last thing anyone needs is more of these bhaand moulvis. It is because of these bhaand moulvis and their false beliefs for which they will throw the Quran and the Prophet under the bus to defend them, is the biggest reason people like the OP and subsequent posters have or are leaving the deen, because they have never know the real deen all they have seen and practiced is this corrupted version practiced and promoted by these shaman.

So please spare us.
Its your issue what you look in deen, or some molvi, For me knowldge is lost treasure and we should have it wherever we find it.

I dont know what you look in islam, but I do know if someone had bad language like bhand molvis etc then he should work on his deen properly. You want to read Quran and hadees by yourself then please fallow this aya at least when you read Quran.

يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ لَا يَسْخَرْ قَوْمٌۭ مِّن قَوْمٍ عَسَىٰٓ أَن يَكُونُوا۟ خَيْرًۭا مِّنْهُمْ وَلَا نِسَآءٌۭ مِّن نِّسَآءٍ عَسَىٰٓ أَن يَكُنَّ خَيْرًۭا مِّنْهُنَّ ۖ وَلَا تَلْمِزُوٓا۟ أَنفُسَكُمْ وَلَا تَنَابَزُوا۟ بِٱلْأَلْقَـٰبِ ۖ بِئْسَ ٱلِٱسْمُ ٱلْفُسُوقُ بَعْدَ ٱلْإِيمَـٰنِ ۚ وَمَن لَّمْ يَتُبْ فَأُو۟لَـٰٓئِكَ هُمُ ٱلظَّـٰلِمُونَ ١١

O believers! Do not let some ˹men˺ ridicule others, they may be better than them, nor let ˹some˺ women ridicule other women, they may be better than them. Do not defame one another, nor call each other by offensive nicknames. How evil it is to act rebelliously after having faith! And whoever does not repent, it is they who are the ˹true˺ wrongdoers.

I have to reply to you as the way you wrote you thought you are complete.
Good luck with your own research.

ahsu

Citizen
They are nothing but the religious version of bhaands and mirasi's. Nothing but story tellers and most of them nothing but israeliyat and fairytales.

Listen to superstar moulvi Tariq Jameel and the magical fairytales he spews from the pulpit make you either LOL or 🙄
If you both are interested, I found this person very intellectual who explain based on reasoning. He has many tasfeer vedio on YouTube.

Again I will tell you, in deen 1st work on ikhlaq, A true believer will 1st make his language correct and being nice. If you have lots of Quaran hadees knolwdge and do tafseer based on reasoning and the language is very bad then I am sorry brothers , it will be just waste of time and hatred in the heart.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
this priest is telling his follower something else but it his actions are different and he has 10 or 14 wives (it does not really matter once he has more than 4),
Regarding the Quran, it was not written until some time after the death of the prophet, there are different time periods. It was in people's memory for 23 years while it was revealed to the prophet, approximately 18 years death of the prophet, Zabar Zair, pesh was added because people were reading it incorrectly.

Now thinking logically,. what is the probability that, over the 23 years before the prophet's death, and 18 years after his death, there was not a single mistake, especially when you don't have anything to compare against it.

Even if you tell someone a simple story, after fifty years, when it passes on from one person to another, it changes a little bit, let alone a book as big as the Quran. Without anything written, it is bound to change.
Look I get it you gotta bone to pick with Islam and the Quran, fine, not an issue, but at least stick to the facts and not base your criticism on baseless lies and discredited sources.

From my over a decades worth of debating experience I know its a thing with you people that you like to keep on repeating lies and rhetoric no matter how many times it is debunked but do you have to do it so often, at least let a few days pass before you do.

And now don't get upset because I called you out on your BS again.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Is that all? Even if the language of the Quran is pure and beautiful poetry and fully logical, what about how the moral framework of the Quran allows Muslims to endorse the genocidal aims and horribly murderous acts of Hamas? Al-Qaeda? The Iranian mullahs? ISIS?
Does Judaism allow killing people and stealing their land and claiming it as their own? Does Judaism allow genocide of an entire nation under the false pretense of "self defense". I can go on and on and on but I think this is enough for now 😉

Noworriesbehappy

Councller (250+ posts)
Does Judaism allow killing people and stealing their land and claiming it as their own? Does Judaism allow genocide of an entire nation under the false pretense of "self defense". I can go on and on and on but I think this is enough for now 😉
As i said, the main was to highlight these questions, which in my opinion are perfectly valid. I don't see any need to discuss it further, because its totally pointless to discuss, the answers i get are never focused but just complete waste of my time,you can see the debate that i had with Khanwarrior. Again,, he was jumping from one place to another with out answering questions.

So i am not discussing this with religion bashers that i have all ready discussed.

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
As i said, the main was to highlight these questions, which in my opinion are perfectly valid. I don't see any need to discuss it further, because its totally pointless to discuss, the answers i get are never focused but just complete waste of my time,you can see the debate that i had with Khanwarrior. Again,, he was jumping from one place to another with out answering questions.

So i am not discussing this with religion bashers that i have all ready discussed.
All of your questions are either based on misconstrued translations of the Quranic verses or on weird and manufactured ahadith that have no relevance to Deen Islam.
You need to study the Quran only and don't fall for man-made books of Ahadith, Fiqha, etc.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
which in my opinion are perfectly valid
Which is exactly the problem, they are just as valid when Israelis say Hamas came and beheaded 100s of babies, cooked them in ovens, crushed their tiny little heads under their boots, we are bombing hospitals and ambulances because they are terrorist headquarters, showing calenders and claiming them to be terrorist check lists.

When your opinions are based on lies, half truths and fairy tales then they are just as valid as Israeli propaganda.

Get my drift.
the answers i get are never focused but just complete waste of my time
Thats because you are not looking for answers, you are looking for confirmation bias. For example you keep repeating Mohammad had 15 wives, 15 wives, 15 wives. When you have already been told several times that's just nonsense and there is no proof for any of that in the Quran, but you won't stop, 15 wives 15 wives 15 wives and you wont stop until someone says yes you are right that this is totally wrong that Muhammad can have 15 wives while I can have only 4 and because of that Islam is fake i.e confirmation bias.

While I understand most people here believe in garbage, lies and fairytales and will do all sorts of mental gymnastics and jump through verbal hoops trying to justify those absurd claims. But that's just that, nonsense.

So i am not discussing this with religion bashers
Since everyone who has a religion is a "religion basher" in your opinion, then who is it that you are willing to discuss it with anyways?

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
You want to read Quran and hadees by yourself then please fallow this aya at least when you read Quran.
I have read Sahih Bhukari cover to cover all 9 volumes and then parts of the other sahih sitta thats probably 99% more than anyone on this forum probably including you too, and definitely more than any one who blindly defends it here. So yeah don't assume things that I am following some bhand blindly, I researched extensively for 3 years and it is still ongoing about the origins, history and credibility of hadith. I didn't come to this conclusion overnight or lightly.

Maybe you should read this thread of mine

What I advise you is YOU do your own research and stop following these persian lies and fairytales. It is because of these dumb persian fairy tales the thread starter and many many many great number like him are leaving Islam, because they cannot believe in a religion which is filled with such nonsense lies and garbage, then people like you and these bhaand moulvis insist that these lies and fairytales are a crucial part of it and you have to obey and follow them.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Again I will tell you, in deen 1st work on ikhlaq, A true believer will 1st make his language correct and being nice.
Sorry I never claimed to be a perfect Muslim, I'm a work in progress and most treat others how they treat me. So for now you can keep your language advice to yourself
Quaran hadees
When you include hadith with the Quran then I know you are just another blind follower who will defend something he hasn't even read properly just because he was brain washed and indoctrinated from childhood to believe and follow
Just mentioning these man made fairy tales in the same sentence as the Quran let alone side by side is a great disrespect to the Quran.
يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ لَا يَسْخَرْ قَوْمٌۭ مِّن قَوْمٍ عَسَىٰٓ أَن يَكُونُوا۟ خَيْرًۭا مِّنْهُمْ وَلَا نِسَآءٌۭ مِّن نِّسَآءٍ عَسَىٰٓ أَن يَكُنَّ خَيْرًۭا مِّنْهُنَّ ۖ وَلَا تَلْمِزُوٓا۟ أَنفُسَكُمْ وَلَا تَنَابَزُوا۟ بِٱلْأَلْقَـٰبِ ۖ بِئْسَ ٱلِٱسْمُ ٱلْفُسُوقُ بَعْدَ ٱلْإِيمَـٰنِ ۚ وَمَن لَّمْ يَتُبْ فَأُو۟لَـٰٓئِكَ هُمُ ٱلظَّـٰلِمُونَ ١١

O believers! Do not let some ˹men˺ ridicule others, they may be better than them, nor let ˹some˺ women ridicule other women, they may be better than them. Do not defame one another, nor call each other by offensive nicknames. How evil it is to act rebelliously after having faith! And whoever does not repent, it is they who are the ˹true˺ wrongdoers.
Now show me the ayah that says I have to follow fairy tales written by Persians centuries later. Where in the Quran does it say follow the sunnat al nabi or hadith rasool ullah.

I'll be waiting ..

Rambler

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I have read Sahih Bhukari cover to cover all 9 volumes and then parts of the other sahih sitta thats probably 99% more than anyone on this forum probably including you too, and definitely more than any one who blindly defends it here. So yeah don't assume things that I am following some bhand blindly, I researched extensively for 3 years and it is still ongoing about the origins, history and credibility of hadith. I didn't come to this conclusion overnight or lightly.

What I advise you is YOU do your own research and stop following these persian lies and fairytales. It is because of these dumb persian fairy tales the thread starter and many many many great number like him are leaving Islam, because they cannot believe in a religion which is filled with such nonsense lies and garbage, then people like you and these bhaand moulvis insist that these lies and fairytales are a crucial part of it and you have to obey and follow them.

Just like you read astronomy and cosmology 😜 .

KhanWarrior

MPA (400+ posts)
Salaam, so the goal was not all about sexual desire but conveniently there was a revelation just as soon as he wanted to marry his adapted sons wife.

you mentioned that it has scientific credence. my friend you did not watch the link i posted earlier. regardless, my view is that if im wrong ill be more than happy to accept Islam back.
and also, im not buying that quran is gods book becuase it has linguistic beauty.
firstly beauty is relevant.
secondy, you have been conditioned to find it beautiful for atleast a couple of generations
thirdly, I would like to understand a bit more on what you said regarding take 3 sentences and google translate it to arabic...

Walikum Salam, Just like all human beings, Prophet was a human. He was selected by God's will because God selected the best people in character, in honesty, in courage and In wisdom for his mission. So there can be no question of a fault in Prophet's character in any way .... He can make mistakes in political or military strategy or in day to day mistake in some matter, but he is constantly guided by ALLAH ...........

The question of marriage between Prophet and his cousin who he married, after she separated from his adapted son. In Quran, following is the way this event is discussed, Prophet asked zaid to marry her cousin, and remember Zaid was his adopted son, but no THE SON, In Arabs the adopted son practice was making lots of problems for other siblings and ALLAH wanted to abolish this and declare that anyone adopted is not the real son, hence he gets no benefits of inheritance etc ..... Also remember that Prophet was worried and did not wanted Zaid to separate from Zainab ( she was prophets Cousin). Quran explicit mentions Prophet's concern that Zaid should not separate from her, and warned him that he should fear ALLAH and not divorce zainab, but zaid did do so, because zaid and zainab were not of same temperament, first reason was zaid was not of Quresh tribe and Zainab was from Quresh tribe so they both had a little superiority clash and hence Zaid divorced her.

Now the Prophet who himself advised zaid to marry her, what should he do, Prophet sort of caused pain to her cousin zainab by making a wrong choice for her. So God willed that Prophet should then marry her. This achieved two aims one was that zainab who was divorced and was hurt, she remarried and second, God willed that adopted son practice to be abolished and God said in Quran that the Son of a person is only the biological Son, otherwise this adopted son practice would cause problems for people. So God made it clear in Islam that in the matter of inheritance and all other matters Biological son is THE SON. In result, in my unconditioned thinking there is no reason and proof that all of above was about Prophet and his sexual desire. Anyone can now decide himself ..........

Regarding challenge of Quran, it is mentioned in it that if anyone has doubt that this message is not from God, he should produce a chapter similar to what God revealed to the Prophet. The smallest chapter in Quran has 3 verses, and i encourage you to open that chapter, then produce a 3 line verse that is similar to that chapter, you can select the theme of the chapter yourself, then translate that to Arabic .... thats a very simple task ...... but it does requires some studying to really attempt it .............

https://www.quora.com/What-is-speci...wer/Maha-Rizma?ch=10&share=4ed7ff90&srid=1Y1t

See the above link for the phases of embryology and on what levels Quran is discussing them, VS the answer that you quoted in your link in which the answer giver very cleverly swaps Quran with some words of ibn e kaseer ); and then provides the rebuttal

Last edited:

ahsu

Citizen
Sorry I never claimed to be a perfect Muslim, I'm a work in progress and most treat others how they treat me. So for now you can keep your language advice to yourself

When you include hadith with the Quran then I know you are just another blind follower who will defend something he hasn't even read properly just because he was brain washed and indoctrinated from childhood to believe and follow
Just mentioning these man made fairy tales in the same sentence as the Quran let alone side by side is a great disrespect to the Quran.

Now show me the ayah that says I have to follow fairy tales written by Persians centuries later. Where in the Quran does it say follow the sunnat al nabi or hadith rasool ullah.

I'll be waiting ..

That's good MashaAllah very nice.

We can covey these messages with being nice, having god ikhlaq. Nobody will come close to anyone if someone is even calling someone else a marasi etc. Even family member will leave someone with negative and hatred mentality. That was my point.

Indeed Islam need research. Unfortunately, after colonialism majority of Muslim cream and like minded are not doing research how to present Islam to modern generation in acceptable way. I don't think in sub continent after Shah wali Ullah someone tried to present Quran according to modern values. Its our own fault as the bright and genius in our families will become Doctor, engineer and the remaining one (low IQ, not having good research abilities) will either go to madrasa to either do hifz or be Mullah.

I have now spend 12 years of my live in theoretical and experimental physics. Published lots of article. But still my knowledge will be limited then someone who is very genius and had spend 50+ years in physics like my advisers here. With all this knowledge the I am capable of doing research but cannot conclude that's the end. Now think the research on Islam has been stopped. For doing a very good research a very good mind is required. In all Muslim countries if you visit no one priorities the Islam. The genius will study medical, engineering or science. How how do you expect revolutionizing Islamic understanding.

If you have fikar, and you know about existentialism the modern youth is experiencing, it will be best if sit down , forget about being keyboarded warier, be theologist, explain Quran according with reasoning. That's what we need. When I look back at my life, I feel we will get food , money one way or another and instead of solving complex mathematical physics equation and imagining them I could have done research on Islam with reasoning. But anyway one way or other I came to Islam. And even with limited knowledge I feel lots of work needed to done.

I have limited knowldge but when I read this aya

لَّقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِى رَسُولِ ٱللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌۭ لِّمَن كَانَ يَرْجُوا۟ ٱللَّهَ وَٱلْيَوْمَ ٱلْـَٔاخِرَ وَذَكَرَ ٱللَّهَ كَثِيرًۭا ٢١
Indeed, in the Messenger of Allah you have an excellent example for whoever has hope in Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah often.

With this I was able to make peace with family members, was able to save my family, did sabr in front of advisers in difficulty, was able to forgive. Kept silent or walked away when someone was demanding more than there rights. I know mullah abuse in mosque so I wont go to that Mullah. My main aim is how to be happy in this dunya and survive in Akhira.

Recently I met one Egyptian Quran scholar who was student Muhammad Metwalli al-Sha'rawi, and was surprise how different people think and explain the Quran. He spend 4 hrs just explaining إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ and on مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ. As a physicist I was surprised to learn his explaing and why Allah is the owner of day of judgement and as he is independent of time, and why Allah know in Sureh Lahab "
“Upon her neck a rope of twisted palm-fibre.” as for Allah time is another dimension where he can move just like we can move in xyz dimension. and FROM مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ He explained day of judgment already occurred for Allah that's why he is the owner, like we will be owner of house or car present. If the car is not present then I wont be owner.

So the point of this explanation is how we can do research on certain topic if we don't even have base. We can built a good society , family based on some good example. I wont fallow some bad physics articles to do some good innovated research in physics. But for that I need to know bad research and make it correct. For that I will sit for some month think about it , will come up with idea and will try to correct it by publishing. So in Islam right now, no one tries to correct (there are some example people are trying and its very nice to know there way of thinking). A good researcher , people will recognize him eventually. Its very slow processes and need lots of review , research. Also in research conferences and workshop are important. I cannot be arrogant in conferences or workshop and use bad language as the guy who I criticize with bad language he wont come close to me for collaborative research. If I feel he is wrong, I will raise my hand and mention it otherwise I do research and publish it by citing his article and mentioning he is wrong based on this and that.

I feel I wrote a lot. Sorry for that. But I hope you got my point.

"

ahsu

Citizen

Thanks for sharing the link. May Allah bless you with your effort, thanks for advise. I really appreciate. If you have some other example where someone try to teach Quarn with reasoning please feel free to share. The main aim is to protect whatever eman we have. In this era there are lots of reason to leave Islam. But if someone is working on the reasons not to leave Islam, I feel he/she is doning one of best work. JZK

Solomon2

MPA (400+ posts)
Does Judaism allow-
Three things: one, you're going off-topic, these questions were addressed in another thread. Two, my question was addressed to KW. Three, given the pattern of how my posts are deleted on this forum its moderators have, in effect, denied you the right to my answers to your questions.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Three things: one, you're going off-topic, these questions were addressed in another thread. Two, my question was addressed to KW. Three, given the pattern of how my posts are deleted on this forum its moderators have, in effect, denied you the right to my answers to your questions.
Awww and I'm so devastated that I wont be able to hear more of your genocidal lies, rhetoric and propaganda.