Kleptocracy is on Full Display at PTV!!!

jet_li

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Here is the Naya PTV!!!

3 years vs 10yeas...
Difference could not have been more stark!!!
It is indeed a milestone in the history of PTV by transforming it into HD.

Credit goes to PTI and Fawad Chawdhry.

However, the standard of PTV is still below average. Same old-style news of the 90s and 2000s.

Acknowledging the fact that PTV is competing with 100 plus private channels. In order to become the voice of the state. It needs to improve a lot.

The standard should be above GEO, Dunya, and Hum News so that people glue to its news.

We need more effort... Hope for the best

desan

President (40k+ posts)

However, the standard of PTV is still below average. Same old-style news of the 90s and 2000s.

Acknowledging the fact that PTV is competing with 100 plus private channels. In order to become the voice of the state. It needs to improve a lot.

The standard should be above GEO, Dunya, and Hum News so that people glue to its news.

No doubt a lot more needs to be done...

However, one should not dilute the good steps by asking for "Do More"!!!

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)

The purpose of news is to inform its viewers, not keeping them glued. The TRP is never achieved by proper news. TRP is only achieved by sensationalizing content and making news where there is none, and thats what our media is doing, showing exxagerated and sensationalized stories, while ignoring actual ones.
If you want to see how news is reported, check the headlines of France24, dw tv, bbc and aljazeera, and then watch Pakistani media, where 90% of the news ticker starts with "X said ___" where X = Politicians, Generals, Judges. I repeat, literally 90% of the news in Pakistan is "He said, She said"

jet_li

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
The purpose of news is to inform its viewers, not keeping them glued. The TRP is never achieved by proper news. TRP is only achieved by sensationalizing content and making news where there is none, and thats what our media is doing, showing exxagerated and sensationalized stories, while ignoring actual ones.
If you want to see how news is reported, check the headlines of France24, dw tv, bbc and aljazeera, and then watch Pakistani media, where 90% of the news ticker starts with "X said ___" where X = Politicians, Generals, Judges. I repeat, literally 90% of the news in Pakistan is "He said, She said"

That's exactly my point, Compare to BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN, and DW where does PTV stands?

I have given examples of GEO, DUNYA, and HUM just for the sake of argument.

Sensationalism is not my point. Quality of programming is. Where does PTV stand in terms of news in Pakistan?

Does anyone in international news media ever quote PTV as an authentic voice of Pakistan?

Never.... They always quote GEO, ARY, Dunya among others.

These are not my ideals. But the programming of PTV is below average.

We must admit the fact so that we begin the process of improvement.

Just denying and keeping it under the carpet never ever resolve the issue.

I want PTV to be the best in terms of programming and its overall presentation.

The infographics, editing, and quality of news should be excellent. So that people would love to not only watch but also quote PTV as an authentic source of Pakistan.