مذاکرات سےاسلامی نظام چاہتےہیں،کابل میں بزورطاقت نہیں آئیں گے۔ترجمان طالبان

arifkarim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
If overthrowing of the govt of a sovereign country by the West is justified, so is their endorsing of a dictator.
You have to understand the action reaction mechanism here. If Mossadaq had not immediately nationalized British oil companies (giving the world shock) but had gradually nationalized it (the way Norway did), his popular govt would still be around. Remember Kingdom of Saudi Arabia also gave the world shock by suddenly shutting down oil supply in response to US aiding Israel in 1973 war. Did it lead to invasion of Saudi Arabia or regime change? Sure their king was killed but Saudi royal family is still around and kicking.
So the West is not perfect. They try to manage things in their favor. Sometimes they are successful, other times they fail hilariously. US with all its might could not rescue its diplomats from Iranian Shia regime in 444 days when it easily topped popular regime of Mossadaq in few days

The Sane

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
You have to understand the action reaction mechanism here. If Mossadaq had not immediately nationalized British oil companies (giving the world shock) but had gradually nationalized it (the way Norway did), his popular govt would still be around. Remember Kingdom of Saudi Arabia also gave the world shock by suddenly shutting down oil supply in response to US aiding Israel in 1973 war. Did it lead to invasion of Saudi Arabia or regime change? Sure their king was killed but Saudi royal family is still around and kicking.
So the West is not perfect. They try to manage things in their favor. Sometimes they are successful, other times they fail hilariously. US with all its might could not rescue its diplomats from Iranian Shia regime in 444 days when it easily topped popular regime of Mossadaq in few days
Arif, no time to entangle myself in the intertwined web. I am a man of 2+2. If one endorses overthrowing of democratic governments, then one shouldn’t have anything against the elections of Ayub, Zia or Musharraf, all endowed by the West, though I still despise them!

arifkarim

Arif, no time to entangle myself in the intertwined web. I am a man of 2+2. If one endorses overthrowing of democratic governments, then one shouldn’t have anything against the elections of Ayub, Zia or Musharraf, all endowed by the West, though I still despise them!
There is no endorsement here. Just a friendly reminder of working relationship. If a brutal dictator can work fine with the West, the West will make no attempt to get rid of him. The West could not work with Mossadaq and had to bring in Shah Pahlavi instead. This is the same thing Pakistani establishment does. If it cannot work with democratically elected PM, it just initiates a coup as it happened with Bhutto. Or do a regime change as it happened with Benazir in 1990.

The Sane

There is no endorsement here. Just a friendly reminder of working relationship. If a brutal dictator can work fine with the West, the West will make no attempt to get rid of him. The West could not work with Mossadaq and had to bring in Shah Pahlavi instead. This is the same thing Pakistani establishment does. If it cannot work with democratically elected PM, it just initiates a coup as it happened with Bhutto. Or do a regime change as it happened with Benazir in 1990.
Policies like these make us end up with theocracy in Iran, brutal monarchy in Saudia and taliban in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

arifkarim

Policies like these make us end up with theocracy in Iran, brutal monarchy in Saudia and taliban in Afghanistan.
Of course they do. Just like policies of establishment end up with Sharif / Bhutto family rule in Pakistan

The Sane

Of course they do. Just like policies of establishment end up with Sharif / Bhutto family rule in Pakistan
Precisely so. And that brings us back to square one. If it was uncalled for in Pakistan, so was it in cases of Mussadiq, Mursi and so many more.

Eigoroll

MPA (400+ posts)
انتخابات جیتنے کے بعد اخوان کے صدر نے تمام ریاستی اختیارات اپنے نام کر لئے۔ جس کے بعد فوج نے یہ غیر جمہوری رویہ اپنانے پر اس سویلین آمر کو فارغ کر دیا
یہ تاریخ اپنے اسلام پسند ٹبر کو جا کر بتا دینا
I tell you the history, Chutiye, so you can tell it to whatever "harami tabbar" you came from. Military has no right to remove a Civilian government. If some decisions are disliked they wait for the people to make a decision. I can take you to the cleaners for this bullshit of yours but I am sure you got the point.

arifkarim

I can take you to the cleaners for this bullshit of yours but I am sure you got the point.
Yeah please explain why newly elected President of Egypt suddenly gave himself extra ordinary powers. Why did he take power from the judges to oversee his unconstitutional moves?

Eigoroll

MPA (400+ posts)
Yeah please explain why newly elected President of Egypt suddenly gave himself extra ordinary powers. Why did he take power from the judges to oversee his unconstitutional moves?
It doesn't matter, motherfucker. Stick with your own rules bitch. If he was wrong then as a democratically elected president, he should be dealt with democratically.

arifkarim

It doesn't matter, motherfucker. Stick with your own rules bitch. If he was wrong then as a democratically elected president, he should be dealt with democratically.
If president by decree or pm by law removes all democratic checks and balances on his post, he cannot be legally removed. That's why Musharraf had to remove Nawaz Sharif by force after 13 and 14 amendment as he had become Ameer ul Momineen.

Eigoroll

MPA (400+ posts)
If president by decree or pm by law removes all democratic checks and balances on his post, he cannot be legally removed. That's why Musharraf had to remove Nawaz Sharif by force after 13 and 14 amendment as he had become Ameer ul Momineen.
No duffer, Musharraf didnt remove him for that reason. You neither have knowledge nor common sense to discuss these things. Niether Morsi was removed for the reasons you mentioned. I would need a whole article to describe it to you. Don't embarrass yourself and go start reading.

arifkarim

No duffer, Musharraf didnt remove him for that reason. You neither have knowledge nor common sense to discuss these things. Niether Morsi was removed for the reasons you mentioned. I would need a whole article to describe it to you. Don't embarrass yourself and go start reading.
It was what sparked their removals. Nobody likes civilian dictators especially not army