Do Pakistanis living abroad pretend as Indians?

Proudmuslim

MPA (400+ posts)
lol i would rather call ma self Taliban then an indian ;);) this news is rubbish no pakistani in sense going to call them self Indian.... (bigsmile) for some obvious reasons :P

alimohsan52

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
This is a complete load of rubbish, and only shows how people are away from reality. I was at the finals of the T20 world cup and we had an absolute blast after Pakistan's victory and you will see streets in Birmingham where even the bins are colours Green to identify who we are.

Sayed Ali

Voter (50+ posts)
Nahi I disagree with this that Pakistani introduce themselves as Indians in western countries. There are some cases like this but that is because all the subcontinent people are termed as Indians in some countries otherwise that's not true at all. I have lived in UK and Europe for the last decade or so and I have not seen any such cases as you mentioned.

kayawish

well i dont feel these things in germany specially in germans:) in daily life i mostly counter Turkish people and they love PAKISTANIS and Pakistan.Germans dont make difference between india or pakistan or Afghanistan for them All third world is like a $hit.Anyway i even didnt face any discrimination from any german till today.

Imranpak

Many Sikh's in particular feel much more comfortable with Pakistanis then Indian's. This is very normal seeing that most of Punjab is now in Pakistan. They don't have much in common with South Indian's or those from other states.

modern.fakir

NOT ONE Pakistani was HURT in Australia ...BUT several Indians got bashed ...EVEN the Australians know how to differentiate [hilar][hilar][hilar]

Indian student bashed unconscious with knuckledusters

story-fb.png

255056-rajat-tyagi.jpg
RAJAT TYAGI WAS BASHED BY FIVE MEN. PICTURE: CHANNEL 7 SUPPLIED

ANOTHER violent attack on an Indian student who says he is heading home because Melbourne isn't safe threatens to further strain relations between Australia and India.

"They hit me twice on my mouth and my whole lips were hanging down, I just lost my tooth on the floor.
"I can't eat anything, I can't drink anything, my roommates were feeding me milk just to survive."
Mr Tiyagi said he was now unable to sit his flying exams immediately after Easter and the 18 months he had spent in Australia were wasted.
"I just came here for a good life and I'm getting this," he told Channel 7.
Police are making inquiries to see if the incident was captured on CCTV footage.
"The matter's under investigation," a police spokeswoman said.
The incident could inflame tensions between India and Victoria.
The Herald Sun revealed earlier this year that taxpayers had spent $250,000 for Indian journalists to be flown to Australia to help fight a PR battle over attacks on Indian students.

Melbourne University vice-chancellor Glyn Davis has warned that Indian student enrolments are expected to fall by 80 per cent this year.

akbar41

Senator (1k+ posts)
Najam sethi ****** tum par, NO WE NEVER SAY, the person u met, he must be like u, as saying, "" kabotar ba kabotar, baaz ba baaz", for u ****** ba ******.

this begharat always speaks against PAKISTAN, yeh ***** badnuma daaq hain pakistan ke liyay

zahidmajid

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
May be this happend with sethai because this fucken face islook like sharma or some other indian name i live here in montreal canada never happend with us so for so other peopele i mean other nationality they tell us ya you right you donot look like those smilly indian

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
[h=1]Pakistanis pose as Indians after NY bomb scare[/h]

• in[COLOR=#333333 !important]Share
  • Share this

• Email
  • Print

[/COLOR]

[h=3]Related News[/h]

[h=3]Related Topics[/h]

r

By Walden Siew
NEW YORK | Fri May 7, 2010 12:52pm EDT

(Reuters) - Pakistani merchants and job seekers in the United States, still reeling from economic hardship since the September 11 attacks of 2001, are posing as Indians to avoid discrimination in the wake of the Times Square bomb attempt.
Once again, a man of Pakistani descent is at the center of a security story, leading to backlash against the Pakistani-American community.
Faisal Shahzad, 30, a naturalized American born in Pakistan, was arrested on Monday, two days after authorities say he parked a crude car bomb in New York's busy Times Square.
Suspected September 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and convicted 1993 World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef are also of Pakistani decent, and anti-American militants fighting U.S. forces inAfghanistan take refuge in Pakistan.
In Brooklyn, home to one of the largest Pakistani populations in the United States, business is scant at the various grocery, halal meat and sweet cake shops since a Pakistani-American was suspected in the Times Square plot. More than 100 businesses along Coney Island Avenue have closed due to a 30 percent drop in business since 2001, a merchants' association said.
In Washington, an American man of Pakistani descent told of coming under suspicion this week when he tried to buy garden fertilizer. The Times Square car bomb contained a non-explosive type of fertilizer.
While there have been no reported incidents since the failed car bomb attack last Saturday, some Pakistanis are bracing for reprisals. Police have increased foot patrols.
"A lot of Pakistanis can't get jobs after 9/11 and now it's even worse," said Asghar Choudhri, an accountant and chairman of Brooklyn's Pakistani American Merchant Association. "They are now pretending they are Indian so they can get a job."
India and Pakistan have fought three wars since independence from Britain in 1947, creating hostilities that ordinarily would lead a Pakistani to resent being mistaken for an Indian.
According to the latest U.S. census data, some 210,410 people of Pakistani origin reside in the United States. Nearly 15,000 Pakistanis received U.S. immigrant visas last year.
"I want to make clear that we will not tolerate any bias or backlash against Pakistani or Muslim New Yorkers," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said this week, noting there are always "a few bad apples."
New York is "the city where you can practice your religion and say what you want to say and be in charge of your own destiny and we're going to keep it that way," Bloomberg said.
SUSPICION OF GARDENING
In Washington, an American of Pakistani heritage who would only be identified as Farhan, said a manager of a suburban home-improvement store prevented him from buying two bags of fertilizer for his family's lawn on Tuesday.
Farhan, who was born in northern Virginia, said police arrived soon after, investigated and allowed him to buy the fertilizer.
"What kind of a country are we living in when a 22-year-old male can't buy fertilizer?" Farhan asked. "I'm American. I'm not Pakistani."
Farhan said the store had subsequently apologized and the case appeared to be one of an overzealous manager rather than store policy.
Merchants in New York, many of whom declined to be named, still remember reprisals after September 11. Soon after the attacks, there was a drive-by shooting in Brooklyn at a Pakistani restaurant, which is now closed.
The local merchants association has shrunk to 150 members, from about 250 merchants almost a decade ago.
The FBI also arrested many undocumented workers in the neighborhood, leading to a wave of deportations, and residents would call law enforcement to make claims against their neighbors, including many false claims, Choudhri said.
"After 9/11, we took much pain," he said. "After that, a small beating is nothing. Now the Pakistanis are not so much scared but we are ashamed. We are embarrassed that the name of Pakistan came up."
(Additional reporting by William Maclean in London and Frances Kerry in Washington; Editing by Daniel Trotta and Bill Trott)

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/05/07/us-timessquare-backlash-idUSTRE64655Y20100507

IKHOPE

Just getting sick of this sh*t Sethi, Am here in Uk since 2008, never seen any Pakistani calling himself an indian.

We r the only community in Uk who celebrates Independence Day.
One of the biggest city in west Yorkshire Bradford is called "Bradistan" cuz its full of Pakistani people n paki culture
One of the biggest Name in Resturant Industry in Yorkshire is "Akbar" they have mentioned on their sign boards in every city "A traditional Pakistani Food"

Don't know wot the f*ck is this pro Indian and pro American sh*t sethi talking about?

A.G.Uddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
NOT ONE Pakistani was HURT in Australia ...BUT several Indians got bashed ...EVEN the Australians know how to differentiate [hilar][hilar][hilar]

Indian student bashed unconscious with knuckledusters

story-fb.png

255056-rajat-tyagi.jpg
RAJAT TYAGI WAS BASHED BY FIVE MEN. PICTURE: CHANNEL 7 SUPPLIED

ANOTHER violent attack on an Indian student who says he is heading home because Melbourne isn't safe threatens to further strain relations between Australia and India.

"They hit me twice on my mouth and my whole lips were hanging down, I just lost my tooth on the floor.
"I can't eat anything, I can't drink anything, my roommates were feeding me milk just to survive."
Mr Tiyagi said he was now unable to sit his flying exams immediately after Easter and the 18 months he had spent in Australia were wasted.
"I just came here for a good life and I'm getting this," he told Channel 7.
Police are making inquiries to see if the incident was captured on CCTV footage.
"The matter's under investigation," a police spokeswoman said.
The incident could inflame tensions between India and Victoria.
The Herald Sun revealed earlier this year that taxpayers had spent $250,000 for Indian journalists to be flown to Australia to help fight a PR battle over attacks on Indian students.

Melbourne University vice-chancellor Glyn Davis has warned that Indian student enrolments are expected to fall by 80 per cent this year.

Kissi ke nuqsan per yun hunsna sahi baat nahi hai.....If you do so becuase this guy is an Indian then what's the difference betwen you and comments I see at TOI website?

modern.fakir

Bhai hum Pakistanion ko THREAD dekh ker jawab dena chahiyay !...Is thread pay kai indians nay videos post kiyay hain kay Pakistani apnay app ko indians ki terha persh kertay hain. Kiya yeh HUmara mazak urana nahi hai ??

Aur read my message again ... Mein isbaat pay nahi hans raha kay Indians ko Australians daba kay peeta hai (bigsmile)...BUlkay isliay kay even an Australian's can tell the difference between INdia and Pakistan.

Aur rahi baat ferk ki ...to app ko India boht acha lugta haii...to wahi chalay jain kiyoonkay Pakistanion ka dard lugta hai apkay liay maenay nahi rakhta aur ager koi Pakistani kisi khurafat ka jawab dey to app us ka ghalat mutlab lay laytay hain.

For GOD sake dushmanoan ki chalon ko samjhain and dont side with the idiots !!

Kissi ke nuqsan per yun hunsna sahi baat nahi hai.....If you do so becuase this guy is an Indian then what's the difference betwen you and comments I see at TOI website?

hans

Banned
it all depends...
if you are from Punjab, Calling one self Pakistani is good

If you come from Karachi, well then its another story.

sameerking

***** hai aisay logon par jo apnay app ko indian kehlwatay hain or ***** hai iss indian agent (najam sathi) par jo aisee afwaien urata phirraha hay yai dallal hai jin kay zameer main iman kee taqat zrra braber bhee nahi hay ********** salay.....

bons

Minister (2k+ posts)
He is saying it with merit. Here is a direct report not Najam Sethi.

This DIRECT REPORT is also produced by Indians and the lady expressing her views is also an Indian. No credible at all. Just Indian propaganda. (yapping)(yapping)(yapping)

I have not seen a single Pakistan hiding his/her identity in the past six years. We love Pakistan and are proud Pakistanis.(jhanda)

:pakistan-flag-wavin:pakistan-flag-wavin:pakistan-flag-wavin

India ka to naam sun ka hi nausea hone lagta hay. Pata nahi yeh log aisi jagah par zinda kaisay hain.:13: