What Do You Want? Metro Service vs Health Service vs Education ...

khanaman

Senator (1k+ posts)
This achi cheez is going to run on a deficit of 2 billion rupees a month. It is a financially unfeasible project. Unfortunately this "something" is not even better than nothing

yar achi cheez ko tu please appreciate karien,
some thing is better than nothing

khanaman

Senator (1k+ posts)
I agree transport system is essential infrastructure, but Pakistan can not afford financially unfeasible projects. It should be done in a way which is not a burden on our already collapsing economy. Running it on a deficit of 2 billion a month is just not feasible long term and just raises the question about priority of spend.

This is SO stupid!

Why do ask which *one* thing? It's a government, it can do *all* of them! It can run a hospital *and* a metro, we don't *need* to choose one!

And Metro service is EXTREMELY essential, yes, just as essential as a hospital or a school!

You may ask, why? Well A good transport system allows more business to flow in the city, the same thing, from which you will tax to pay for your schools or hospitals!

What good is a hospital if you don't have money to run it?

People say stupid things, like "Give us X (where X is a social service) first, then give us Y (where Y is a commercial service)" where as Y must be given first, because by taxing Y, can you earn money to pay for X! Come on people, use common sense!

People, learn to appreciate good things, PML-N has a lot of flaws that I can personally relate to you, but have the humility to accept that Metro service is a good thing, and I rightly appreciate them, at least it's better than what *my* MNA is doing, the same old "Galiyan pakyain karado" thing, they have ripped of my street :( (funnily enough, the MNA of my area is Hanif Abbasi, from PMLN! I wish he would take some lesson from his leader and give us a metro in our area too, our transport system is so bad!)

Advocate

Voter (50+ posts)
We are not living in an ideal situation,so a single good initiative should be admired..like

• launching nuclear programme by Z.A.bhutto
  • establishment of welfare service by Edhi
  • Construction and laying foundation stones of dams by Ayub Khan
  • Introduction of motorways in pakistan by N.S.
  • Establishment of Shokat khanum hospital by Imran khan
  • Establishment of rescue 1122 by pervaiz ilahi
  • Tax n F.E.D. exemptions on IT equipments and such exemptions for telecom sector by Musharraf
  • Metro bus system By shahbaz sharif
  • and so many projects like these shoud be appriciated not taking into consideration the party affiliation of the person who had initiated such projects

ryzvonusef

MPA (400+ posts)
I agree transport system is essential infrastructure, but Pakistan can not afford financially infeasible projects. It should be done in a way which is not a burden on our already collapsing economy. Running it on a deficit of 2 billion a month is just not feasible long term and just raises the question about priority of spend.
I agree with you brother, I am not saying we should spend money without looking at it's pros and cons. I was merely arguing that the "Don't spend on Project X when Project Y is languishing" mentality is silly. Govt can (and should!) spend on *multiple* projects.

Advocate

Voter (50+ posts)
We are not living in an ideal situation,so a single good initiative should be admired..like

• Tax n F.E.D. exemptions on IT equipments and such exemptions for telecom sector by Musharraf
  • and so many projects like these shoud be appriciated not taking into consideration the party affiliation of the person who had initiated such projects

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I think that sentence hurt you Toooooooo much that's why instead of reply my questions you spoiled all you time replying this one sentence only.
The same happens to other PTIiers when a person like you try to defend N-League Jokers for destroying public money to get votes.

Everyone knows that Nooras are not sincere to the People of Pakistan otherwise every sane person knows that instead of strengthening the public or poor people they made strong themselves since 1982. Can't you see this? They ruled Punjab for 5 times what had they made better for Punjab.

They spend Rs. 1 on public and consume Rs. 99 on themselves and people like you get happy with it. Shouldn't be there any difference between a Jahil Voter and Educated person like you?

And is better Pakistan can be made by constructing Road with billion of Rupees instead of investing in People, health, Education, Power generation etc. only?

And is the better Pakistan can be made by starting flop projects like Sasti Rooti (More than 14 Bn Corruption), Peeli Taxi (Banks destroyed), Laptop Scheme (Rs. 2 Bn has been diverted from Primary schools) etc.????????????????????

Tell me what is their ONE project which will make better Pakistan?

As I said
Stop acting like Brahmans
and more importantly stop treating Others as Shoodhars
Come down on ground and be realist

I don't have to defend them, they have their operatives to do that dirty job
like PTI has their operatives who can do nothing better than throwing dirt on others

Respect

I want clean water in Punjab

If nooners could have put time and effort in clean water in Punjab that would have benefited millions od people, and that could have used that in coming elections as slogan.

Also if nooners had solved the problem of fake medicines and unclean hospitals, that would have been good for them in coming elections.

Metro Service Showman Sharif had a dream the previous night and decided too go forward with the plan.

Clean water for people in Punjab would have been better than metro bus service

Pracha

This is SO stupid!

Why do ask which *one* thing? It's a government, it can do *all* of them! It can run a hospital *and* a metro, we don't *need* to choose one!

And Metro service is EXTREMELY essential, yes, just as essential as a hospital or a school!

You may ask, why? Well A good transport system allows more business to flow in the city, the same thing, from which you will tax to pay for your schools or hospitals!

What good is a hospital if you don't have money to run it?

People say stupid things, like "Give us X (where X is a social service) first, then give us Y (where Y is a commercial service)" where as Y must be given first, because by taxing Y, can you earn money to pay for X! Come on people, use common sense!

People, learn to appreciate good things, PML-N has a lot of flaws that I can personally relate to you, but have the humility to accept that Metro service is a good thing, and I rightly appreciate them, at least it's better than what *my* MNA is doing, the same old "Galiyan pakyain karado" thing, they have ripped of my street :( (funnily enough, the MNA of my area is Hanif Abbasi, from PMLN! I wish he would take some lesson from his leader and give us a metro in our area too, our transport system is
so bad!)

We have no qualms if they have done the essential things for this awam. However, their subjects are living in squalor, and extreme poverty, while they are trying to buy BMWs for them.

Every project has it's time and place, and this is the wrong time and place for this one. Please have your priorities right. This project points towards the lack of insight, sincerity, and vision of our "leaders".

Pracha

As I said
Stop acting like Brahmans

like PTI has their operatives who can do nothing better than throwing dirt on others

The difference is, they are getting paid from our taxes or plundered money of their subjects.

Rao Athar

MPA (400+ posts)
30 arab main agar first class health ya education ati hai toh day do

Defense per toh andhon ki taran paisa phon daytay ho aur pir koi hisab bhi nahi mangtay aur jo mangay woh ghaddar

Punjab ka health n education ka combined budget Rs 31 billion hy. Agar defense pay lag rha hy to kia hoa, pichlay 12 saal say army state of war mei hy, Khamkha army ko tanqid q karain hum. Phr hisaab kon lay jb BB ki governments hta di jati ho aur Nawaz Sharif khud establishment planted ho. I dont think its fair to criticize army except for its political role and if its political role is to be criticized, one must criticize Nawaz also for this bloody game

Rao Athar

MPA (400+ posts)
There is no problem in metro bus project. Bus the issue is we should prioritize our needs logaically. Its the same as roof of a house is collapsed but one spends Rs 500,000 on the construction of washroom instead of going for repair work. Everyone wants such projects in every city of Pakistan but unless we prioritize our needs, its worthless.
Again the government will have to provide Rs 12 billion subsidy annually. Suppose PML-N is not in power next time in Punjab, no one will pay this subsidy for Sharifs' credit. Then wat about this heavy amount spent on this project?

Pracha

Emphasis should be on "SINCERE, and GOOD" initiative. Don't throw dust in our eyes. I am sure "Laptop program" was also a "GREAT" scheme. May God help us if they be will become our leaders one more time.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)

As I said
Stop acting like
Brahmans

This is what you think otherwise I have raised valid questions which can't be denied by any body. I don't know where did you get it that we consider ourselves Brahmans.

BTW it is our right to criticise the lavish expenditures of public money. If such criticism is Brahmanism then yes we are "Brahmans" because PTI didn't use any Public money wrongly nor they indent to.

Basically it is people like you who consider themselves the most intelligent and want to be little different than the others otherwise you would deny any of my objection. But as you didn't answer any of question it shows you are not doing anything but just beating about the bushes. Instead of answering me logically, you have started the discussion of "Brahmanism" to put every thing under the carpet.

GeoG

This is what you think otherwise I have raised valid questions which can't be denied by any body. I don't know where did you get it that we consider ourselves Brahmans.

BTW it is our right to criticise the lavish expenditures of public money. If such criticism is Brahmanism then yes we are "Brahmans" because PTI didn't use any Public money wrongly nor they indent to.

Basically it is people like you who consider themselves the most intelligent and want to be little different than the others otherwise you would deny any of my objection. But as you didn't answer any of question it shows you are not doing anything but just beating about the bushes. Instead of answering me logically, you have started the discussion of "Brahmanism" to put every thing under the carpet.

Don't be so clever
Why should I defend what Noon does
but excessive criticism will lead us nowhere because you are same people who applaud IK for wearing the same Chappal a few times
PTI is fast going away from its ideology, becoming a Bhan Matti Ka Kunba where accuser and the accused for financial corruption happily sit together

However there is Just ONE Big Exception, it has most honest and upright leader beyond any shadow of doubt
so take a hike, I don't have to answer any of your so called questions....

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)

Don't be so clever
Why should I defend what Noon does
but
excessive criticism will lead us nowhere because you are same people who applaud IK for wearing the same Chappal a few times
PTI is fast going away from its ideology, becoming a Bhan Matti Ka Kunba where accuser and the accused for financial corruption happily sit together

However there is Just ONE Big Exception, it has most honest and upright leader beyond any shadow of doubt
so take a hike, I don't have to answer any of your so called questions....

This is what you think and you thinking might be wrong because I don't see you as a Plato or Aristotle.

2nd the main point that you misjudged me. I do appreciate IK (and many other people like him) for his simplicity, honesty, sincerity and kindness because I am also not spending much on myself but never applaud IK for wear same Chappal or old coat that much which other PTI supporters do. Don't try to perceive me as a teenager immature PTI supporter.

What do you think I am only criticise Nooras because I am a PTI supporter? No Mr, I have my own brain and that's work very well in politics. You or many other might vote Nooras or Zardari in the past but I had never vote them in my life otherwise I could vote them since 1996. Why? Because I was thinking almost on the same lines as I am thinking today about Nooras and Zardari. Since day one they have been behaving like Mughal Kings- spending Public money like water but not paying any penny in Tax and no change in Public lives.

I also think that before the start of their politics they were nothing but now they are considering in Top Five Rich people of Pakistan. Even a kid understand that if they were not in the govts. or politics they couldn't grow their wealth that much.

GeoG

This is what you think and you thinking might be wrong because I don't see you as a Plato or Aristotle.

2nd the main point that you misjudged me. I do appreciate IK (and many other people like him) for his simplicity, honesty, sincerity and kindness because I am also not spending much on myself but never applaud IK for wear same Chappal or old coat that much which other PTI supporters do. Don't try to perceive me as a teenager immature PTI supporter.

What do you think I am only criticise Nooras because I am a PTI supporter? No Mr, I have my own brain and that's work very well in politics. You or many other might vote Nooras or Zardari in the past but I had never vote them in my life otherwise I could vote them since 1996. Why? Because I was thinking almost on the same lines as I am thinking today about Nooras and Zardari. Since day one they have been behaving like Mughal Kings- spending Public money like water but not paying any penny in Tax and no change in Public lives.

I also think that before the start of their politics they were nothing but now they are considering in Top Five Rich people of Pakistan. Even a kid understand that if they were not in the govts. or politics they couldn't grow their wealth that much.

Thanks for recognizing that there are immature supporters
soon U will be admitting you are one them,
as you opened the first fire at me
until then, be happy :)

Sher_ka_Shakari

Senator (1k+ posts)
Take Bus System out now, it is here and can not be reversed ..
Chose one from remaining options now...

You build a better one and then claim that this is better than Bus System,
until then give credit where it is due .....

Brother it is not against the Bus System, The importance being given to PRIROTIZE our issues, No sufficent clean drinking water, food, health, education etc. Let us be careful in future when we set our priorities.

GeoG

Brother it is not against the Bus System, The importance being given to PRIROTIZE our issues, No sufficent clean drinking water, food, health, education etc. Let us be careful in future when we set our priorities.

I agree with you in principle
But they have their own political priorities..
as when PTI will come to power it will have its own priorities others may not agree...

Sher_ka_Shakari

Senator (1k+ posts)

I agree with you in principle
But they have their own political priorities..
as when PTI will come to power it will have its own priorities others may not agree...
[/QUOTE

You are absolutely right, what i wana emphasize is, whoever comes to power, basic necessities should be met first. Build harmony in the society and get it united, if on one hand we have a fragmented society and on the other hand we develop a project or organization better than NASA it wont be of much use.