پیاز، ٹماٹر کی 30 روپے کلو قیمت نے عوام کی چیخیں نکلوادیں، نجی چینل

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
He wants it for free or less than Rs10 obviously. Doesn't care if the farmers who grow it get next to nothing for their hard work. This has always been the problem of Pakistani's. They don;t want to pay but want everything. They want lots of Metro buses and roads but don;t want to pay tax at all.
False sense of entitlement. First ones in the line for anything free, but run away when it comes time to pay their dues.

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
اگلی خبر یہ ہو گی کہ گوورنمنٹ نے ٹماٹر فری کر دیئے ہیں جس سے عوام کی چیخیں نکل گیئیں

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Tomato prices in India are Indian rupee 25-30 peer kg which is about Pak rupee 50-60 per kg; so what are people complaining about? Illiterate nation!

Yaar we pay more than 30% of our earnings in tax and insurance and then 20% tax on everything we buy. A person with an average wage of £20000 only keeps around £15000 and then has to pay compulsory council tax, road tax, car insurance to name a few.

You guys are complaining when you don't even pay tax unless you earn more than 600,000 PKR and even then it's only 5%. https://www.geo.tv/latest/312362-pakistan-income-tax-slabs-for-2020-21. The majority of workers do not earn more than 250,000pkr so don't pay tax at all.

I know there is plenty of money in Pakistan since I see my poor relatives in villages building new houses or extensions regularly without borrowing money. Majority of people in the UK cannot afford to build or buy a house without getting a mortgage.

No wonder Pakistan has no money when people don't want to contribute anything.
Buddy, after living in the US for 30 years and moving bk to Pakistan, I can tell you that Pakistanis are paying more in indirect taxes than ppl of the western world ie: 200% Taxes on Petrol related products (thus raising prices of everything that's transported), Taxes on consumer goods paid at retail, one of the highest electricity rates in the World, custom duties and taxes on imported electronics and cell phones. Do keep in mind that an average Pakistani earns about 25,000Rs per month, so this individual has to plan his weekly budget with 6250Rs (that is of he doesn't have to pay rent). This is when buying 30Rs Kg tomatoes make a difference, as tomatoes are the base of most salans and is used way more than meat.
When I lived in the US and was on my high horse, I used to talk like you. Now that I see reality as close as it could be, I see the real plight of the people and how hard it has become for an average person to feed and house their families.
Try "earning" AND living in Pakistan for a year...

rehan459

MPA (400+ posts)
Lol. Kiya tum 3.5m PKR kamatey ho? I can guarantee most normal people do not earn anywhere near that in Pakistan. A Doctor earns around Rs60K-Rs100K per month so would be paying only 5% tax. Average factory workers/labourers earn far far less.

Also you cannot compare UK earnings to Pakistan without taking cost of living. If tomatoes in Pakistan are Rs30 per Kg they are £2.20p (Rs472) per Kg in UK. same goes for everything else. The average electricity bill in UK is around £70 (Rs15,000) per month.
So you started this comparison I did not
I just showed you how to do this comparison properly and there is similar tax on similar earnings in both uk and Pakistan
Even then if you have complaints you can always come back to Pakistan to enjoy lavish life style
and average electricity bill in Pakistan is also 8 - 10k per month now 70 out of 2000 - 3000 sterling is nothing but 10k out of 100k is 10%.

Keep the trust

Minister (2k+ posts)
ek se ek bara jaahil expat is forum par hai jo kai apne mulk k logon ki takleef ka khyal nahin karte aur un ka mazzak urate hain pata nahin kis qisam k paise ko istemal kar k woh baahir gaye hain aur wahan beth kar ghareeb logon k baare main bakwaas karte hain
Agar yeh baat zardari aur patwari kay hotay hoa sooch laitay to aaj pak ek taraqi yafta mulk hota. Kisi dosray mulk m kam karna ghalat nahi hai aur na hi kisi dosray mulk m rehnay wala pak kay haq mai baat nahi kar sakta.