Bajwa is not the problem

Shimaz

MPA (400+ posts)
If you thought one general is the problem, and another one would not bring Pakistan to this state, think again. It's not the first time it has happened in 75 years of history of this country.

Your understanding of this system is misplaced. Bajwa is NOT the problem.

The problem is the hunger and lust for sheer power that this institution has over the years acquired with much struggle.

Do you think that if another general was in place, things would be any different, given that a most popular civilian PM of Pakistan was shifting power center AWAY from the military to civilians and bringing them under rule of law?

In which country military goes full revenge mode against own people and their Commander in Chief for not appointing a military officer as per PM's prerogative instead of theirs? In which country a commander in chief is removed for proudly sporting own culture, values, and religion.

Bajwa is NOT the problem i repeat. The military itself is the problem and their unifiable hunger for power for which nothing matters, Pakistan, it's people, democracy. 90% of this institution shares this mindset. Airforce and Navy are also the same, in case you thought otherwise. They will do exactly the same when their power is challenged.

Why is it that this institution controls everything in the country ranging from molvis, politicians, bureaucracy, police, courts, judges, to even clerks.

Why do you think all military is silently watching the destruction of country in name of a traitorous chain of command. Because they all cannot stand power center shifting away to where it belongs - civilians.

arifkarim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
If you thought one general is the problem, and another one would not bring Pakistan to this state, think again. It's not the first time it has happened in 75 years of history of this country.

The problem is the hunger and lust for sheer power that this institution has over the years acquired with much struggle.

Do you think that if another general was in place, things would be any different, given that a most popular civilian PM of Pakistan was shifting power center AWAY from the military to civilians and bringing them under rule of law?

In which country military goes full revenge mode against own people and their Commander in Chief for not appointing a military officer as per PM's prerogative instead of theirs? In which country a commander in chief is removed for proudly sporting own culture, values, and religion.

Bajwa is NOT the problem i repeat. The military itself is the problem and their unifiable hunger for power for which nothing matters, Pakistan, it's people, democracy. 90% of this institution shares this mindset. Airforce and Navy are also the same, in case you thought otherwise. They will do exactly the same when their power is challenged.

Why is it that this institution controls everything in the country ranging from molvis, politicians, bureaucracy, police, courts, judges, to even clerks.

Why do you think all military is silently watching the destruction of country in name of a traitorous chain of command. Because they all cannot stand power center shifting away to where it belongs - civilians.
I agree. Bajwa traitor is just the symptom. Real problem is military establishment itself

mhasan24

MPA (400+ posts)
Well said!

Criticizing Bajwa is only half the battle or even smaller…the entire institution has to step back.

What is worrying for me, personally, is that when the country has treacherous politicians (apart from IK and alike) at the helm of affairs, then is it fair to ask the military to stay aback?

We as part of the public would need to become clearer whether the military should or should not be involved at all…when civilian politicians would like to destroy the country. How do we draw a line?

Once clear, whichever politician is in power, we should not have the military to be involved at all.

Wasim789

Citizen
That's absolutely true.People are deluded to think it's just bajwa and everyone else is clean but in fact Army as an institution is corrupt to core, not just financial but morally as well .Army truly believe that a stable Pakistan is not in favour of Army As they LL lose their value in a stable happy and growing country.

rahail

Senator (1k+ posts)
I do not like to agree with this. We are nothing without our army. At least they did something in 1965. But I am starting to grow wary of them. And seriously, the 1971 loss of East Pakistan and many, many other misadventures by this army made me come to my senses.

Shimaz

MPA (400+ posts)
I do not like to agree with this. We are nothing without our army. At least they did something in 1965. But I am starting to grow wary of them. And seriously, the 1971 loss of East Pakistan and many, many other misadventures by this army made me come to my senses.
Pakistan Army as an institution belong to people of Pakistan, who are the true custodian of this great institution born and made on the blood, tax, and sweat of this nation.

Therefore the people own this institution with heart and soul.

It's not about the institution as an entity.

It's about the institution as a mindset and a working machine and it's interference in political matters of running this country by keeping power away from civilians and never letting them be worthy of it.

It's about rule of law.

It's about defining limits.

It's about making Pakistan and it's military stronger.

It's about finishing the culture of selective justice and applying different interpretations of law on different people.

It's about giving back the charge of this country to People of Pakistan.

And it's still about loving our dear military as physical force to reckon with.

It's just about the truth.

Fawad Javed

Minister (2k+ posts)

Establishment+PDM+Judiciary+ Bureaucracy+ Corrupt Politicians in PTI all are responsible

4rifa

Citizen

Agree 100%. Excellent analysis.