Einstein 'God' letter to sell on eBay, with bidding starting at $3 million

sabir1

Senator (1k+ posts)
albert_einsteins_letter_to_god_handwritten_a_year_before_his_death_to_auction_at_ebay_with_a_starting_bid_of_3_million_bc8mm_310x198.jpg

Washington:
A handwritten letter in which Albert Einstein questioned the existence of God is going up for sale online, with bids starting at USD 3 million.

The "God letter", which the physicist wrote in German a year before his death in 1955, includes his thoughts on religion, God and tribalism.

Einstein wrote the letter on Princeton University letterhead to philosopher Erik Gutkind after he read Gutkind's book "Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt", the Fox News reported.
"...The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of Honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can (for me) change this," wrote Einstein, who won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1921.

The letter has been stored in a temperature-controlled vault since it was last sold for USD 404,000.

The buyer at the time is now selling it with the original envelope, stamp and postmark on eBay.

Eric Gazin, president of Los Angeles-based Auction Cause, which will handle the sale on eBay, said the letter could fetch as much as triple the opening bid threshold.

"Few people have had access to the thoughts and uncensored opinions of this brilliant mind as it relates to his personal views on God and religion," Mr Gazin said.

Einstein experts believe the letter supports the argument that the physicist held complex, agnostic views on religion.

He rejected organised faith but often spoke of a spiritual force at work in the universe.

Last edited by a moderator:

shassan655

Senator (1k+ posts)
@Unicorn...I am not sure what the full content of the letter is..but from the excerpts written here...Einstein is saying stories in Bible are childish, Which I do not agree. On the point of primitive I agree if I take the literal meaning of it. Everyone has the right to his/her own opinion and to their belief's. ..With Regards....

Unicorn

Banned
@Unicorn...I am not sure what the full content of the letter is..but from the excerpts written here...Einstein is saying stories in Bible are childish, Which I do not agree. On the point of primitive I agree if I take the literal meaning of it. Everyone has the right to his/her own opinion and to their belief's. ..With Regards....

If you apply literal meaning of primitive and agree than we are not very far apart in our views.

shassan655

Senator (1k+ posts)
@ Unicorn....Primitive can be used in many forms from my understanding. By using primitive I meant it's old scripture. But you can use Primitive in a sense where it can be old and not applicable in new era. . Sorry but as per Muslim belief's we can say Quran is primitive which is old scripture but at the same token it's for all era's.

Now what I have read so far about Einstein is he does not belief in religion and thinks Bible is primitive in a sense where current human race cannot benefit from. So on this point I disagree. Stories in bible & Quran is for all generations to learn from. I am not sure what religion you follow but my apologies if I have offended. My belief is religion is b/w human to his God. With Regards....

jahanzaibi

Senator (1k+ posts)
Is ko dunya geniuses kehti hay... :lol::lol::lol:
abb pata chal raha hoo ga.. afsos kar raha hoo ga kay dunya may jahil rahta likin islam qoobol kar litaa...
aisay hi loog dunya aur akrat kay jahil hain abb asal zindagi shroo hoo gi us ki zillat ki jo kabhi katam nahi hoo gi.

Unicorn

Banned
@ Unicorn....Primitive can be used in many forms from my understanding. By using primitive I meant it's old scripture. But you can use Primitive in a sense where it can be old and not applicable in new era. . Sorry but as per Muslim belief's we can say Quran is primitive which is old scripture but at the same token it's for all era's.

Now what I have read so far about Einstein is he does not belief in religion and thinks Bible is primitive in a sense where current human race cannot benefit from. So on this point I disagree. Stories in bible & Quran is for all generations to learn from. I am not sure what religion you follow but my apologies if I have offended. My belief is religion is b/w human to his God. With Regards....

You can't use the primitive and believe in its relevancy today in that you can say that it is an ancient scripture which is as relevant today as it was when it was revealed. I share the content of the letter of Einstein. No offence taken and I am an agnostic.

seekers

Minister (2k+ posts)
hmm, he believe in some spiritual force working in universe but unable to accept limiting God in idols or Dome of Kabba. He certainly had tried to think God more than any believer.

tz00007

Minister (2k+ posts)
I agree with the content of the letter. Letter would be good investment.

he also made reference to biblical view of God.. no matter how much science advances, there is always an "unknown" ahead.. this infinite occurrence of unknowns gives u hint of existence of God my frnd...

Unicorn

Banned
he also made reference to biblical view of God.. no matter how much science advances, there is always an "unknown" ahead.. this infinite occurrence of unknowns gives u hint of existence of God my frnd...

This letter does not have anything to do with science. Its just that story and the message, in this case the Bible. It just can't be rationalized with logic the only tools available to humans to distinguish between truth and falsehood. That is why he has refereed them as " Childish ".

TheYouth

Senator (1k+ posts)
Now he is finding out who ALLAH is!!

Einstein, kabbur mein maazah ahh raha hai???

May ALLAH give hadayat to all who have gone astray & may He give us the taufeeq to fulfill our purpose in this world *AMEEN*

desicad

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
the infinite occurrence of unknowns or whatever neither gives a hint nor proves anything about God.........