Noon League ke Qilay me Pehli Darar

arafay

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
11 October, 2015.

Note down the date above because 3-4 years from now when analysts will ask where did it all go wrong from pmln, this date may well provide an answer.

PML (N) lost a seat from central lahore (not from any DHA, model town, gulberg, bahira town or any posh area) PP 147 while they were in government in punjab and center. This is like mqm losing from karachi or PPP losing from larkana while they are in government in province and center.

location of PP 147 in heart of lahore

CRHnGXlXAAQc9sP.jpg

In short, it is unthinkable for this to happen in pakistani politics. But it has happened - another first for PTI. It shows a number of things

a) the so called good governance of shobaz is actually just good media management. If people really believed showbaz was khadim-e-ala, pti would have had its bail forfieted. Keep in mind pmln spends 75% of all budget in lahore division.

b) a myth is broken - lahore is pmln's castle but it is slipping away fast! na 118 and na 125 could present another challenge.

c) PTI has solid vote bank in north punjab - enough to defeat pmln in lahore while being in opposition in both province and center. All those who voted pti today knew that nothing would change in their lives if pti won. So pti tsunami fizzling out is a big myth.

d) PTI workers are learning. This party was no where before 30th October 2011. in fact in 2013 elections, ctbt didnt even like to mention imran khan's name because they thought he was so unimportant. This was the first time I saw pti workers, polling agents and polling camps active on election day.

e) middle age lahore and punjab still loves nawaz sharif like sindh still loves bhutto and middle age mohajir still loves altaf. I dont know if this is a case of stockholm syndrome or what but there is no rationale behind it whatsoever. In many of the roadshows, the most common answer for voting pmln was "our elders used to vote for them" or "we always vote for them".

f) How long will this love affair last, i am not sure because clearly the new voters that register themselves now and 5 years from would be less than impressed with 6 hours of load shedding and chronic unemployment.

g) PTI must learn media management. Like today pmln losts its own 2/3 seats but in media everywhere it appears that they have won Kashmir. Media visuals have an impact specially on young voters.

h) next generation of sharif family (hamza and mariam) are flop just like bilawal. Hamza couldnt do it on his own and needed help from 5 federal ministers and countless provincial ministers. even then taya jee had to visit lahore and roam around the streets 24 hrs before election to ensure a narrow victory.

Last edited:

mh.saghir

Minister (2k+ posts)
If PTI want to dent PML-N then they should start educating people on what their right priorities are. Being a politician welfare of people is their duty. I hope and pray for thier succes in future.

kakajee

Minister (2k+ posts)
I was expecting Ayaz Sadiq to win with 10K votes atleast. Barca also said the same yesterday. Its a big achievement of PTI and AK to come this close.

There were many reports since morning that the voter lists have been changed and may voters have their votes transferred outside the constituency. If this is the case, then its more of PTI's fault than ECP. They should have it under checked.

Anyway congrats to N-leak. Not that 1 seat would have made any difference but a win is a win.

If PTI stay united and polling is done under Army supervision like today, PTI will sweep most of the seats in Lahore

kakajee

Minister (2k+ posts)
Btw, I am more concerned about Okara than NA-122.

Very shameful for PTI to have their zamanat zabt. PTI will have to concentrate on FSD, Okara,Sargodha, Bahawallpur, RYK divisions. These all make up more than 50 percent seats of Punjab

ConcernedPaki

Minister (2k+ posts)
Good points.

Believe me, 20% of noon voters simply vote for them because it feels good when they say they have voted for 'shair'. I don't necessarily mean this as a disrespect. But test it out yourself. Go and ask a middle aged noon legi about his reasons for voting noon league and all you will hear is 'shair... shair'. There is no way you can convince this lot with any sound reasoning because they do not listen and evaluate. PTI's best chance of winning is the educated middle class which is vast majority in Lahore. They need to get these people out to vote and take the turn out to 60-70%. If the same traditional voters keep voting, there is little hope.

adil786

Minister (2k+ posts)
g) PTI must learn media management. Like today pmln losts its own 2/3 seats but in media everywhere it appears that they have won Kashmir. Media visuals have an impact specially on young voters
100% agreed ,well said

دوسرا_سوال

Minister (2k+ posts)
OP, did you also note down the date of the hidden marriage IK did when he was fooling his followers for a dharna and secretly enjoying private time with Nai Ammi while hidden in the container?

You PooTIans are the perfect definition of a cult, where your inhibitions are also so much brainwashed that even a shameful event doesn't make any mark on you and you keep tooting the same old same old brainwashed tune.

دوسرا_سوال

Minister (2k+ posts)
g) PTI must learn media management. Like today pmln losts its own 2/3 seats but in media everywhere it appears that they have won Kashmir. Media visuals have an impact specially on young voters
100% agreed ,well said
It's because the seat they won represented a win in the final and the other two seats they lost are like the matches played for third and fourth position in a tournament - no one cares about them.

GeoG

Don't think too long ahead
next bridge is Local Bodies Elections
and with PTI history where everyone sees himself as No 2 to IK
decide now rather than being usual lastminute.com
If people wish to leave, they leave now and you adjust to new realities

how many of current leadership you see in PTI in 3-4 years is anybody's guess
You may have SMQ fighting for Noon in three years time ..

Do this nation favor, don't give us leaders, give us a system
Govt is not going to do it, IK is only one to take this initiative ....

دوسرا_سوال

Minister (2k+ posts)
Good points.

Believe me, 20% of noon voters simply vote for them because it feels good when they say they have voted for 'shair'. I don't necessarily mean this as a disrespect. But test it out yourself. Go and ask a middle aged noon legi about his reasons for voting noon league and all you will hear is 'shair... shair'. There is no way you can convince this lot with any sound reasoning because they do not listen and evaluate. PTI's best chance of winning is the educated middle class which is vast majority in Lahore. They need to get these people out to vote and take the turn out to 60-70%. If the same traditional voters keep voting, there is little hope.
By that stupid logic, next time Imran should have a Ferrari as it's political sign because a Ferrari is even cooler than a Lion.

This is the problem with you typical PooTIans who think that life and politics only exists on the internet, in your English Medium schools and it is about as easy as shifting gears in your VTI Oriel Leather Seats PROSMATEC shiny new black tinted window Honda Civic. And that you lot have really figured Pak politics out while the rest of poor peasants who vote for a different party are doing it for the cool logo.

How pathetic, ignorant, arrogant and wrong your thinking is! I'm beyond amazed.

ConcernedPaki

Minister (2k+ posts)
By that stupid logic, next time Imran should have a Ferrari as it's political sign because a Ferrari is even cooler than a Lion.

This is the problem with you typical PooTIans who think that life and politics only exists on the internet, in your English Medium schools and it is about as easy as shifting gears in your VTI Oriel Leather Seats PROSMATEC shiny new black tinted window Honda Civic. And that you lot have really figured Pak politics out while the rest of poor peasants who vote for a different party are doing it for the cool logo.

How pathetic, ignorant, arrogant and wrong your thinking is! I'm beyond amazed.

Are you nvra911?

arafay

It's because the seat they won represented a win in the final and the other two seats they lost are like the matches played for third and fourth position in a tournament - no one cares about them.

all seat belonged to pmln. they have lost 2 of their own seats. pti had zero of these seats and they gained 1.

final score after today is

pml n: -2
pti: +1
IND: +1

دوسرا_سوال

Minister (2k+ posts)
Don't think too long ahead
next bridge is Local Bodies Elections
and with PTI history where everyone sees himself as No 2 to IK
decide now rather than being usual lastminute.com
If people wish to leave, they leave now and you adjust to new realities

how many of current leadership you see in PTI in 3-4 years is anybody's guess
You may have SMQ fighting for Noon in three years time ..

Do this nation favor, don't give us leaders, give us a system
Govt is not going to do it, IK is only one to take this initiative ....
Excellent point all in all, specially about talking about us needing a system and not personalities.

Also, excellent slipping in of lastminute.com advertisement :P

دوسرا_سوال

Minister (2k+ posts)
all seat belonged to pmln. they have lost 2 of their own seats. pti had zero of these seats and they gained 1.

final score after today is

pml n: -2
pti: +1
IND: +1
How come you think INDIA got +1 seat?!?!?!

Just kidding. I know what you mean but you are so wrong. The seat PMLN won amounts to the final of the tournament whist the other two seats had the value for the match played after the final for bronze medal / third & fourth positions.

There's a huge difference among the three seats that were fought today.

Only one mattered, and the whole hullabaloo was about only one and IK lost that one.

Whether it's PTI, PML(N) or PPP, does it make difference in Punjab at least? The voter is the same, with the typical mentality. Chaudhry will vote for Chaudhry, Araeen for Araeen (racism). Then PTI workers will even vote for a donkey if he's nominated by Mr Niazi. Voters are jahils and criminal minded basically. They will keep electing clowns who will preserve this cancerous system of Pakistan.

arafay

How come you think INDIA got +1 seat?!?!?!

Just kidding. I know what you mean but you are so wrong. The seat PMLN won amounts to the final of the tournament whist the other two seats had the value for the match played after the final for bronze medal / third & fourth positions.

There's a huge difference among the three seats that were fought today.

Only one mattered, and the whole hullabaloo was about only one and IK lost that one.

yes but that doesnt change the fact that numerically it was just 1 seat. so pmln was able to save 1 of its seats and lost the other 2. Now let's see if they are brave enough to go for election in na 118, 125 and 154.

ConcernedPaki

Minister (2k+ posts)
Whether it's PTI, PML(N) or PPP, does it make difference in Punjab at least? The voter is the same, with the typical mentality. Chaudhry will vote for Chaudhry, Araeen for Araeen (racism). Then PTI workers will even vote for a donkey if he's nominated by Mr Niazi. Voters are jahils and criminal minded basically. They will keep electing clowns who will preserve this cancerous system of Pakistan.
There used to be a member by the name of 'nvra911'. But he was only half as idiot.

Raheel Shareef aur un kay sponsored media (Express, ARY, Samaa etc) ki goad mein baith kar itni darar to laga saktay thay ye log. Raheel Shareef sahab 2 saal say lagay huay hain kay kisi tarha apnay adopted-baby (Imran Niazi) ko Nawaz Jani kay ooper la kar bitha dein, but abhi tak esa mumkin hota nazar nahi aa raha. I'm not saying kay Nawaz is good, but the military establishment hasn't been successful so far in sending Nawaz home. Wajha ye hai Imran Niazi aik khilari hai aur khilari bhi Mianwali ka *******, jo Oxford chala gaya but apni nature change nahi kar saka (ho bhi nahi sakti). Is banday ki zabaan itni kharab hai, kay jo kaam aasani say ho sakta hai wo bhi mushkil ho jata hai is kay liye. Ulti seedhi bolta hai, statements per statements change karta hai, subha kuchh shaam kuchh. Is banday ki policies mein continuity nahi hai, persistence aur perseverance ki kami hai. Bus is ko uchhalnay (jump karnay ki) ki beemari hai. Kuchh saal pehlay ye London gaya tha Altaf Hussain ko terrorist sabit karnay, bohot shor sharaba kia, uchhla kooda, aur phir nakaam wapas laut aaya. Abhi kuchh months pehlay phir wohi drama rachaya, apnay idiot Faisal Wada ko London bheja, Wada bhi Imran ki tarha bari bari baatein, uchhalna koodna, wo bhi budhu ban kar wapas aa gaya. Imran Niazi ki yehi stupid nature poori PTI kay andar nazar aati hai, ye log itna shor sharaba kartay hain jesay bus yehi hain, aur koi bhi nahi hain, aur jab ye dharaam say gir jatay hain, to ehmaqon wali logic aur excuses paish kartay hain..

Last edited:

دوسرا_سوال

Minister (2k+ posts)
yes but that doesnt change the fact that numerically it was just 1 seat. so pmln was able to save 1 of its seats and lost the other 2. Now let's see if they are brave enough to go for election in na 118, 125 and 154.
:doh: - there's no winning with you.

Really man, I give up. Yeh you're right. I'm wrong. PMLN lost today and IK won today. There, now I said it, so you can sleep happily like a baby.