Biddah - Common misunderstandings and Remedies - Ahle Sunnah wal Jaamah !

Status
Not open for further replies.

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
Sure,

Brother first off this post about BIDDAH and the misunderstandings around that but im just going to be doing a side post here so you have some material to read

Eisaal-e-Thawaab is Sunnah proved by so many Ahadith and Fateha is one of the kinds of Eisaal-e-Thawaab.
It is in Hadith (Bukhari and Muslim), narrated by Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) that a person came to the audience of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and submitted that his sister had made a vow (nazr) that she would do Hajj. But She died without doing it. On this the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and submitted that his sister had made a vow ( said, "if she had a loan, would you pay it? He said, yes I would. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said, pay the loan due to Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی), He deserves to be paid more than anybody else".

It is in Hadith (Muslim), narrated by Hazrat Buraidah (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) saying 'when I was sitting with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), a woman came and said, O'Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), I had given a slave maid to my mother and now my mother is dead. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said, your retribution (Jaza) is a certainty and the inheritance has returned that slave maid back to you. Then the woman said, O'Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) my mother had an obligation to keep one month's fasts. Shall I keep fasts on her behalf? Again she said, O'Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) she had never done Hajj. Shall I do Hajj on her behalf? The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said , do Hajj on her behalf".

It is in Hadith - that a "sweet water well" was dug for the (dead) mother of Hazrat Sa'ad (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) (in Madina during Prophet Mohammad's - صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) time and it was announced "Haazihi li Umme Sa'ad"(Meaning - this well is for the mother of Sa'ad - رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ). Both rich and poor used to drink water from this well. (Abu Dawood and Nasa'i).

It is in hadith(Bukhari and Muslim), narrated by the mother of believers Aisha Siddiqua (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) that a person came to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and said O'Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) my mother died all of a sudden. In my opinion if she had lived, she would have done some charity. If I do it on her behalf, will she get the recompenses (thawaab)? The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said 'Yes'.

The above Ahadith confirm Eithaal-e-Thawaab to the dead. If we do any charity or good deeds and donate the recompense to them, they get it in Barzaq (Life after death). If we read Quran, feed the poor or do any kind of charity and donate the recompense to our dead relatives, it reaches them in Hereafter and is beneficial for them.

It is in Hadith - Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said: " Iqra'u `ala mawtakum ya seen (Meaning - Read Sura Ya Seen over those of you who are dying/deceased." This Hadith is narrated by Abu Dawud in his Sunan (Jana'iz), al-Nasa'i in his Sunan (`Amal al-yawm wal-layla), Ibn Majah in his Sunan (Jana'iz), and Ibn Hibban in his Sahih.

It is in Hadith - Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said "three things continue to benefit a (believing) person even after death - charity which he had given (which continues to benefit others), beneficial knowledge which he had left behind (i.e. authored or taught), and supplication on his behalf by a righteous child. (Muslim).

It is in Quran - Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e. small sins). That is a reminder for the mindful (those who accept advice). (Hud - 114)

It is in Quran - Whoever brings a good deed shall have ten times the like thereof to his credit, and whoever brings an evil deed shall have only the recompense of the like thereof, and they will not be wronged. (Al-An-Aam - 160)

It is in Quran - "Except those who repent and believe and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی)will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی)is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Al-Furqan - 70)

It is in Hadith - (Bukhari wo Muslim). The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said that if a person intends to do a good thing, he gets one recompense in his book of good deeds. If the person, after the intention does that good deed, 10 recompense are written in his book of good deeds.

It is in Hadith - (Bukhari wo Muslim). The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said that Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی)increases the recompense of the good deeds up to 700 times in some cases and beyond that to some people.

The above Quranic verses and Ahadith signify the importance of Eisaal-e-Thawaab to our dead relatives. Who knows, our good deeds done with the intention to benefit them carry unlimited Thawaab to them and help in removal of their bad deeds or converts their bad deeds into good ones. This way they get significant assistance from the living people to increase their Thawaab even after their deaths.

What do we do in Fateha. We cook food and read the verses of Quran and feed the people and send the recompense to our dead relatives. It is important that we repeat Fateha more often so that our dead relatives get more thawaab.

Why do we keep the cooked food in front of us while reading Quran on it during Fateha?

It is for the simple reason that while doing Fateha, we determine our offering for the recompense of our dead relatives. It is in Ahadith that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) asked a small container of food prepared for two or three people, read some Quranic verses on them which resulted in Barakah and the food was sufficient to feed hundreds of people. It is in Hadith "Kullu amrin zee baalin lam yubda' bihamdillahi fa hua abtar" (meaning - Every important thing which does not start with the praise of Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی)(Alhamdulillahi) is vitiated (devoid of virtue).

Thus Fateha is a requirement established by Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)commandment and is in practice since the time of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم).

In Fateha, generally people read one time Sura Fateha, three times Sura Iqhlas (it is in Hadith that the recompense of reading 3 times Surah Ikhlas is equal to one full Quran), three times Durood Sharif and in the end Dua for our dead relatives. We do not understand what is wrong in it and why it is objected?

Why should we do things in a specific way? Put the food in front, read Quran on it and feed people. Can't we feed the people without doing any such thing?

It is a Prophet(صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)practice for barakah in the food. In addition, how How can you do things in a haphazard way? When people are invited for Fateha, you should allow them to join you in reciting Quran. When all the people join in a social gathering, in reading Quran and in eating, the beneficiaries of such are many dead relatives of all the people who have gathered for Fateha.

Why should we do Fateha at a specific time in a year.? Like at the time of Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)birth day, at the time of the birth day of Ghousul Azam (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ), on 40th day after the death of a person and on certain other occasions?Because it is Sunnah.
(1) It is in Ahadith that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)used to keep fast on the 'Day of Arafat', Ashura, 15th Shabaan.

(2) Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)commanded us to perform Child's Aqeeqa on the 7th Day of birth.

(3)
Prophet Mohammad
(صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)went to Ghazwa-e-Tabook on Thursday and he preferred to start journey on Thursdays.

(4) Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)used to keep fast on Mondays and Thursdays.(5) He (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)used to go to Masjid-e-Quba on Saturdays.
There are so many Ahadith which tell us that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)fixed the days, dates and timings of many things. This is the reason Ahle Sunnah wal Jama'a fix the dates for doing good deeds like Eisaal-e-Thawaab. It is important that when we intend to do a good thing, we should fix the time in advance so that we do not forget to do it or ignore it because of certain preoccupations.

Your first question tells me you haven't read my first post at all. But anyways i am posting some further writings of scholars that will clarify that for you.

Giyarween Shareef is specifically an Esaale-Sawaab for Sayyiduna Sheikh Abdul Qaadir Jilani (Razi Allaho Anho). These are many proofs in the Holy Qur an, the Ahadith and from the statements of many of the illustrious Ulema and Mashaaikh of Islam substantiating the validity of Esaale-Sawaab.

The entire structure of humanity rests upon mutual help and collective effort among human beings. Human rights have been best protected by law in Islam. There are rights of relatives, neighbors, parents and even our dead people. It is an Islamic obligation upon the living people to do something for their dead which helps them in their lives in Hereafter.

How can we forget our dead, particularly our parents, teachers and Shuyooks who have helped us so much during their life times. What kind of human beings we are if we resort to destroying their graves soon after their deaths in the name of Islam and treat their graves like deities (idols) and associate shirk with them?

Reading of Quran, fasting, charity, feeding people, construction of mosques or schools in the name of our dead relatives etc., are a few ways by which we can donate recompense (Thawaab) for them. This helps them in increasing their comforts (if they were good Muslims) and in reducing their torment (if they were sinful Muslims).

I had few queries, mind solving it???

1st: I am not calling you a barelvi but all of your ideas belong to that one particular section of this Ummah; so could you give any example of theses activities from the life of Sahabah and Taba-Tabain???

2ndly: If you could explain me the purpose of all these activities, e.g. Urs, Giyarwi Shareef, etc.

and let me tell you, I didn't read your 1st post regarding this thread. Now you can answer me...

Last edited:

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
(bigsmile) ..Dude ..People will always do what is right in Pakistan, India, America or Timbuktoo...Islam is Islam no matter where you go . You dont want to follow proper Islam ..Dont...You coming up here and calling Muslims as unbelievers shows how much you respect Islam !

Who are you to Issue Fatwas ??..Are you Imam e Azam from Makkah ???... if he hasnt issued any fatwas ..all your stuff is useless drivel.

You dont like this post dont read it ..you dont like Pakistanis and Indians and their Aqaid go move to Australia man !

Your not willing to understand ..then simply GET LOST ...Your an absolute nobody in Islam :) ..you understand ??

Your so called Mujaddade Deen e Bidaat Alaa Hazrat has started this bidaah of fatwas of kufar against deobandis, ahle hadith etc. Did you read his “malfoozat” full of shirk and bidhaah and fatwas of kufar against every one except who believe in him. I am calling Ahle Bidaah mushrik because they worship graves; pray sojood to peers, pray from dead people in graves, perform hajj in Pakistan. Didn’t you see all these mushrikana amaal in Pakistan, India? Astaghfirullah.

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
Brother Fahid..I think you are mistaken because all my narations have been from RENOWNED SCHOLARS and not recent molvis. I agree their can be shortcomings in some recent moulvis particularly in light of the current situation but this material is presented by scholars.

Also you mentioned the issue of fixing dua's and times then some of the Dua's presented by Rasoolullah pbuh and how is it derived to follow this practice has been mentioned in this post.

It is for the simple reason that while doing Fateha, we determine our offering for the recompense of our dead relatives. It is in Ahadith that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) asked a small container of food prepared for two or three people, read some Quranic verses on them which resulted in Barakah and the food was sufficient to feed hundreds of people. It is in Hadith "Kullu amrin zee baalin lam yubda' bihamdillahi fa hua abtar" (meaning - Every important thing which does not start with the praise of Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی)
(Alhamdulillahi) is vitiated (devoid of virtue).

Thus Fateha is a requirement established by Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)commandment and is in practice since the time of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)

In Fateha, generally people read one time Sura Fateha, three times Sura Iqhlas (it is in Hadith that the recompense of reading 3 times Surah Ikhlas is equal to one full Quran), three times Durood Sharif and in the end Dua for our dead relatives. We do not understand what is wrong in it and why it is objected?

Why should we do things in a specific way? Put the food in front, read Quran on it and feed people. Can't we feed the people without doing any such thing?

It is a Prophet(صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)
practice for barakah in the food. In addition, how How can you do things in a haphazard way? When people are invited for Fateha, you should allow them to join you in reciting Quran. When all the people join in a social gathering, in reading Quran and in eating, the beneficiaries of such are many dead relatives of all the people who have gathered for Fateha.

Why should we do Fateha at a specific time in a year.? Like at the time of Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)( Eid Milad un Nabi) birth day, at the time of the birth day of Ghousul Azam (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) (Gyarween Shareef), on 40th (Chaleeswan) day after the death of a person and on certain other occasions?
Because it is Sunnah.
(1) It is in Ahadith that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)used to keep fast on the 'Day of Arafat', Ashura, 15th Shabaan.

(2) Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)commanded us to perform Child's Aqeeqa on the 7th Day of birth.

(3)
Prophet Mohammad
(صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)went to Ghazwa-e-Tabook on Thursday and he preferred to start journey on Thursdays.

(4) Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)used to keep fast on Mondays and Thursdays.(5) He (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)used to go to Masjid-e-Quba on Saturdays.

There are so many Ahadith which tell us that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)fixed the days, dates and timings of many things. This is the reason Ahle Sunnah wal Jama'a fix the dates for doing good deeds like Eisaal-e-Thawaab. It is important that when we intend to do a good thing, we should fix the time in advance so that we do not forget to do it or ignore it because of certain preoccupations.
:)

You have not answered last question? I am not against Esal e sawab, as our family also does this. But I am against a self made practice to ask a molvi read specific part of Quran, on specific time on specific food on specific date etc. Esal e swab is sadqa e jariea for dead person and its EHSAN on him, but to arrange a food party in which molvies and class guests are served with class food and others with common. Brother, I have passed so much time in these, I am eye witness of these. So please come out of these, our religion is simple, beautiful, and mostly We belong to Imam Azam who served the true sense of Islam. So why not to refer him instead of today's molvies? You can see in these gatherings, only molvies get benifit. Now I am telling you the truth. In recent ramzan, One of my friend Ishfaq Ahmed Malhi, Cusin of Mudassar Qayyum Nahra(MNA-Nleague) arranged a khatam in his house (DC road Gujranwala. He called me and My friend Rana Abdul Jabbar to arrange for a molvi and some students to read Yaseen. It was the time of Aser. We contacted with A molvi. He told that he is already going to nearby house for this purpose. After that, it came into known that they were poor and arranged very ordinary food stuff (daal chawal). Rana Abdul jabbar is a clever person, he told the molvi that the khatam we are offering is at MNA's Cousins home and so many stuff is present. Believe me or not, he not only agreed but also took out all his students from that house and went with us. That was turning point for me. In the end, most of our activities, benefit molvies. Now I daily pray, and try to copy the stuff presented by Allah, Rasool, Suhaba, Mujtaheds. And thats enough for me.

Last edited:

angryoldman

Minister (2k+ posts)
the good innovations in islamic rituals are not only allowed but encouraged. Let us read what has been said about good innovations in religion.

Jarir b. Abdullah reported that some desert arabs clad in woollen clothes came to allah's messenger (may peace be upon him). He saw them in sad plight as they had been hard pressed by need. He (the holy prophet) exhorted people to give charity, but they showed some reluctance until (signs) of anger could be seen on his face. Then a person from the ansar came with a purse containing silver. Then came another person and then other persons followed them in succession until signs of happiness could be seen on his (sacred) face. thereupon allah's messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who introduced some good practice in islam which was followed after him (by people) he would be assured of reward like one who followed it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who introduced some evil practice in islam which had been followed subsequently (by others), he would be required to bear the burden like that of one who followed this (evil practice) without their's being diminished in any respect [sahih muslim chapter 34 # 6466]

many people introduced innovations which have been accepted as good ones. Read this hadees and it is only one example and if you want i can give you many examples.

narrated thumama: Anas said, "um sulaim used to spread a leather sheet for the prophet and he used to take a midday nap on that leather sheet at her home." anas added, "when the prophet had slept, she would take some of his sweat and hair and collect it (the sweat) in a bottle and then mix it with suk (a kind of perfume) while he was still sleeping. "when the death of anas bin malik approached, he advised that some of that suk be mixed with his hanut (perfume for embalming the dead body), and it was mixed with his hanut [sahih bukhari chapter 74 #298]

i think that was about "sadqa"should be 1st in sadqa.there is no space to fill in islam with good deeds.all ebadaas's and their methods,quran,sunnat,ahadeeths been completed 1400 years ago there is no more space for bida's.all imam's tried to simplify islam. They never want to create their own name's fiqa.these all are faults of our aqeeda.which must be staright and correct.

Pakistani1947

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Bid'at (innovation) is something that has no Islamic basis. A thing which is not proved from the Holy Quran and Hadith, as in practice at the time of the Holy Prophet, his companions, but is now done as religious duty.
The Prophet (saw) has condemned one who indulges in innovation and called them "destroyer of the religion". There are literally thousands of examples of Bid'at!
To build graves of hard bricks
To build domes on graves
To light candles near graves
To spread sheets and covers on graves
To gather for feast after a death in a house

Jabir b. Abdullah said: When Allah's Messenger (may peace he upon him) delivered the sermon, his eyes became red, his voice rose. and his anger increased so that he was like one giving a warning against the enemy and saying:" The enemy has made a morning attack on you and in the evening too." He would also say:" The last Hour and I have been sent like these two." and he would join his forefinger and middle finger; and would further say:" The best of the speech is embodied in the Book of Allah, and the best of the guidance is the guidance given by Muhammad. And the most evil affairs are their innovations; and every innovation is error." He would further say:, I am more dear to a Muslim even than his self; and he who left behind property that is for his family. and he who dies under debt or leaves children (in helplessness). the responsibility (of paying his debt and bringing up his children) lies on me." (Sahih Muslim Book #004, Hadith #1885)

'Asim reported: I asked Anas b. Malik whether Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had declared Medina as sacred. He said: Yes. (the area) between so and so. He who made any innovation in it, and further said to me:
It is something serious to make any innovation in it (and he who does it) there is upon him the curse of Allah, and that of the angels and of all the people, Allah will not accept from him on the Day of Resurrection either obligatory acts or the surpererogatory acts. Ibn Anas said: Or he accommodates an innovator.
(Sahih Muslim Book #007, Hadith #3159)

Last edited:

Pakistani1947

In case of religious activities Muslim Should restrict to the Quraan and Authentic Hadeeth. Avoid SHIRK because there is no forgiveness from Allah for this sin. Avoid any innovation into religion because it would distract Muslims from the "Straight Path".

THIS IS WHAT HAPPEN WHEN MUSLIM DO NOT TAKE SHIRK AND BIDDAT SERIOUSLY:

Pakistani1947

Another headline news in western news paper. What message we are giving to non-Muslim world by leaving Quraan and Sunnah. Does any of these ritual were approved by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)? No, not at all . But how would you explain to the non-Muslim world that these activities are done by minor Muslim sects. But again the question is, why would a non-Muslim bother to go into the detail of Muslim sects?

WARNING: Graphic images. Shi'ite muslims commemorated Ashura by beating themselves with steel-tipped flails or slashing themselves to mark the anniversary of the Prophet Mohammed's grandson Imam Hussein's death.
December 16, 2010 12:02 PM
3988335.bin

Photos: Shi'ite Muslims commemorate Imam Hussein's death

source: http://www.theprovince.com/entertain...187/story.html

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
Another useless post by an ABSOLUTE NO AUTHORITY IN ISLAM..:)...I dont understand what is the purpose of this post when it contains no scholarly mentions but useless drivel from a person who doesnt even have a BASIC UNDERSTANDING IN THE MATTERS OF BIDDAH :)

ANYWAYS... for the rest of the audience i will correct him yet again

Bid'at (innovation) is something that has no Islamic basis. A thing which is not proved from the Holy Quran and Hadith, as in practice at the time of the Holy Prophet, his companions, but is now done as religious duty.
The Prophet (saw) has condemned one who indulges in innovation and called them "destroyer of the religion". There are literally thousands of examples of Bid'at!
To build graves of hard bricks
To build domes on graves
To light candles near graves
To spread sheets and covers on graves
To gather for feast after a death in a house

OK ...and who says this Pakistan1947 ..you and the rest of your kufr,shirk, biddat Brigade ? (bigsmile)...Do you people know more than Hazrat Umar Ra about Biddah (bigsmile)

What does ur brigade say about this Hadith ?? (bigsmile)

Sahih Bukhari Book 32 Volume 3 Hadith 227

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever prayed at night the whole month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven." Ibn Shihab (a sub-narrator) said, "Allah's Apostle died and the people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil offered individually, not in congregation), and it remained as it was during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the early days of 'Umar's Caliphate." 'Abdur Rahman bin 'Abdul Qari said, "I went out in the company of 'Umar bin Al-Khattab one night in Ramadan to the mosque and found the people praying in different groups. A man praying alone or a man Now this is what Sayidina Umarpraying with a little group behind him. So, 'Umar said, 'In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari (Reciter) (i.e. let them pray in congregation!)'. So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubai bin Ka'b. Then on another night I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that, 'Umar remarked, 'What an excellent Bid'a (i.e.innovation in religion) this is; but the prayer which they do not perform (continues)

Bin Al Khataab r.a. said - People can argue linguistics all they like but clearly from the hadeeth we can See excellent bidah her means the act in Ibaadah - Or Bidah e Hasanah (bigsmile)

Now who are we supposed to follow in times of where the likes of you people dwell...My Akka pbuh gave us a Formula for that too (bigsmile)

The Messenger of Allah, (saw), gave us a sermon by which our hearts were filled with fear and tears came to our eyes. We said: O Messenger of Allah, it is as though this is a farewell sermon, so counsel us. He said: I counsel you to fear Allah and to give absolute obedience even if a slave becomes your leader. Verily he among you who lives [long] will see great controversy, so you must keep to my Sunnah and to the Sunnah of the rightly-guided Rashidite Caliphs cling to them stubbornly. Beware of newly invented matters, for every invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is a going astray, and every going astray is in Hell-fire.

Was Umar Khattab (RA) a rightly-guided Caliph? (bigsmile)....and what is Pakistan1947 infront of Hazrat Umar ra ???...we all know very well...:lol:

I will follow Hazrat Umar ra ...(clap)

Jabir b. Abdullah said: When Allah's Messenger (may peace he upon him) delivered the sermon, his eyes became red, his voice rose. and his anger increased so that he was like one giving a warning against the enemy and saying:" The enemy has made a morning attack on you and in the evening too." He would also say:" The last Hour and I have been sent like these two." and he would join his forefinger and middle finger; and would further say:" The best of the speech is embodied in the Book of Allah, and the beet of the guidance is the guidance given by Muhammad. And the most evil affairs are their innovations; and every innovation is error." He would further say:, I am more dear to a Muslim even than his self; and he who left behind property that is for his family. and he who dies under debt or leaves children (in helplessness). the responsibility (of paying his debt and bringing up his children) lies on me." (Sahih Muslim Book #004, Hadith #1885)

'Asim reported: I asked Anas b. Malik whether Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had declared Medina as sacred. He said: Yes. (the area) between so and so. He who made any innovation in it, and further said to me: It is something serious to make any innovation in it (and he who does it) there is upon him the curse of Allah, and that of the angels and of all the people, Allah will not accept from him on the Day of Resurrection either obligatory acts or the surpererogatory acts. Ibn Anas said: Or he accommodates an innovator.

Clearly in this case My Akka pbuh is mentioning Biddat e saiiyya

Bid'at-e-Sai'iyya is that action which was not in practice in the blessed age of the Holy Prophet(SAWS) and which contradicts the Holy Qur'aan and the Sunnah for example to say that Khutba of Eid or Jum'a in a language other than Arabic. Bid'at-e-Sai'iyya can further be classified as Makruh Tanzihi or Makruh Tahrimi or even Haraam.

whereas Biddat e Hasanaah

Bid'at-e-Hasana is that action which does not contradict with the Holy Qur'aan and the Sunnah and was brought into practice after the time of the Holy Prophet(SAW). For example, to construct religious institutions, to print the Holy Qur'aan in the press, to hold gatherings of Maulid, to eat nice food and to put on attractive clothes etc. etc., Bid'at-e-Hasana is not only permissible (Jaiz)) but at times it can be appreciable (Mustahhab) and even essential (Wajib) as you will see later on.

(bigsmile)

Enjoy everyone !

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
Dude ...are you helping the western media or shunning them by posting this again and again ??...The Ahle Sunnah wal Jamaah condemn this behaviour and think that you as an individual are actually aiding the western agencies by republishing this ...You are certainly not helping anyone ...This is an Ahle sunnah post we all know this is NOT RIGHT ...God knows what your trying to prove with this :)

I dont know about the biddatees ...but we do know about the khawarij ...where they will kill muslims but support the kafirs ...May Allah save us from those khawarij !

Another headline news in western news paper. What message we are giving to non-Muslim world by leaving Quraan and Sunnah. Does any of these ritual were approved by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)? No, not at all . But how would you explain to the non-Muslim world that these activities are done by minor Muslim sects. But again the question is, why would a non-Muslim bother to go into the detail of Muslim sects?

WARNING: Graphic images. Shi'ite muslims commemorated Ashura by beating themselves with steel-tipped flails or slashing themselves to mark the anniversary of the Prophet Mohammed's grandson Imam Hussein's death.
December 16, 2010 12:02 PM
3988335.bin

Photos: Shi'ite Muslims commemorate Imam Hussein's death

source: http://www.theprovince.com/entertain...187/story.html

lotaa

Minister (2k+ posts)
Lo g aik aur aa giya munafiq,ALLAH ko sab mantay hain,in ko bemari us waqt parhti hay jab NABIpbuh ka zikar hota hai,abbu jahal nahi manaaa tha,tu apa kaisay mano ge?
Dear brothers, avoid these barelvis. They are far from siraat-e-Mustaqeem and hidayah. Dont waste your time on these dumb, deaf and blind people. Allah S.W.T has sealed their hearts. Leave them in their shirk, grave worshiping, music, dhamal, samaa, peer worshiping, urs, wahdatul wajood and other kufria practices

Mughal1

Dear modern fakir, it would seem total waste of time to talk about anything without explaining first the need and purpose of any concept according to some solid foundation.

Terms sunnah and bidah are related in sense of old and new. Tradition is something that existed already in the sense that it is taken as a tradition and novelty is something that is new, which did not exist already in the sense that it is new.

Islam is a deen not a mazhab and anything invented to take people away from deen into mazhab is actually very damaging for muslims as an ummah.

The best thing for you would be define term sunnah comprehensively so that your concept of bidah could be explained.

Rather than fighting over sectarian issues why do we not explain what sunnah exactly is. If we succeed in defining sunnah properly only then we can define bidah and once we define sunnah and then bidah, everyone will come to know whether we means anything or nothing at all.

So what is sunnah and how it is part of islam is the real question that all of us need to answer for ourselves. It is no use talking about sunnah this and sunnah that if sunnah cannot even be clearly defined by us. The same can be said about bidah.

So please tackle this issue of sunnah and bidah once and for all properly, that will be a worthy contribution otherwise no matter what people believe about these terms they are confused. We should work for unity not disunity.

regards and all the best.

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
munafaq shaheed tu humsiha zinda rahay ga,kiya tum humaisha zinda raho ge,kiya ye biddat nahi hay jo naam tum ne apnay rakha hay,
First of all you don't know how to discuss things. Secondly, your sentences are fused. Thirdly, you make no sense at all. Fourthly, I did not name myself. My parents did that. I guess you do not know what shaheed means. Shaheed may have multiple meanings. My name is shaheed ullah which means "khuda ka gawah".
One thing we all know your parents did not name you a lotaa.

mh.saghir

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sure,

Brother first off this post about BIDDAH and the misunderstandings around that but im just going to be doing a side post here so you have some material to read

Eisaal-e-Thawaab is Sunnah proved by so many Ahadith and Fateha is one of the kinds of Eisaal-e-Thawaab.
It is in Hadith (Bukhari and Muslim), narrated by Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) that a person came to the audience of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and submitted that his sister had made a vow (nazr) that she would do Hajj. But She died without doing it. On this the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and submitted that his sister had made a vow ( said, "if she had a loan, would you pay it? He said, yes I would. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said, pay the loan due to Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی), He deserves to be paid more than anybody else".

It is in Hadith (Muslim), narrated by Hazrat Buraidah (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) saying 'when I was sitting with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), a woman came and said, O'Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), I had given a slave maid to my mother and now my mother is dead. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said, your retribution (Jaza) is a certainty and the inheritance has returned that slave maid back to you. Then the woman said, O'Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) my mother had an obligation to keep one month's fasts. Shall I keep fasts on her behalf? Again she said, O'Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) she had never done Hajj. Shall I do Hajj on her behalf? The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said , do Hajj on her behalf".

It is in Hadith - that a "sweet water well" was dug for the (dead) mother of Hazrat Sa'ad (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) (in Madina during Prophet Mohammad's - صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) time and it was announced "Haazihi li Umme Sa'ad"(Meaning - this well is for the mother of Sa'ad - رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ). Both rich and poor used to drink water from this well. (Abu Dawood and Nasa'i).

It is in hadith(Bukhari and Muslim), narrated by the mother of believers Aisha Siddiqua (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) that a person came to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and said O'Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) my mother died all of a sudden. In my opinion if she had lived, she would have done some charity. If I do it on her behalf, will she get the recompenses (thawaab)? The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said 'Yes'.

The above Ahadith confirm Eithaal-e-Thawaab to the dead. If we do any charity or good deeds and donate the recompense to them, they get it in Barzaq (Life after death). If we read Quran, feed the poor or do any kind of charity and donate the recompense to our dead relatives, it reaches them in Hereafter and is beneficial for them.

It is in Hadith - Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said: " Iqra'u `ala mawtakum ya seen (Meaning - Read Sura Ya Seen over those of you who are dying/deceased." This Hadith is narrated by Abu Dawud in his Sunan (Jana'iz), al-Nasa'i in his Sunan (`Amal al-yawm wal-layla), Ibn Majah in his Sunan (Jana'iz), and Ibn Hibban in his Sahih.

It is in Hadith - Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said "three things continue to benefit a (believing) person even after death - charity which he had given (which continues to benefit others), beneficial knowledge which he had left behind (i.e. authored or taught), and supplication on his behalf by a righteous child. (Muslim).

It is in Quran - Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e. small sins). That is a reminder for the mindful (those who accept advice). (Hud - 114)

It is in Quran - Whoever brings a good deed shall have ten times the like thereof to his credit, and whoever brings an evil deed shall have only the recompense of the like thereof, and they will not be wronged. (Al-An-Aam - 160)

It is in Quran - "Except those who repent and believe and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی)will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی)is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Al-Furqan - 70)

It is in Hadith - (Bukhari wo Muslim). The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said that if a person intends to do a good thing, he gets one recompense in his book of good deeds. If the person, after the intention does that good deed, 10 recompense are written in his book of good deeds.

It is in Hadith - (Bukhari wo Muslim). The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said that Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی)increases the recompense of the good deeds up to 700 times in some cases and beyond that to some people.

The above Quranic verses and Ahadith signify the importance of Eisaal-e-Thawaab to our dead relatives. Who knows, our good deeds done with the intention to benefit them carry unlimited Thawaab to them and help in removal of their bad deeds or converts their bad deeds into good ones. This way they get significant assistance from the living people to increase their Thawaab even after their deaths.

What do we do in Fateha. We cook food and read the verses of Quran and feed the people and send the recompense to our dead relatives. It is important that we repeat Fateha more often so that our dead relatives get more thawaab.

Why do we keep the cooked food in front of us while reading Quran on it during Fateha?

It is for the simple reason that while doing Fateha, we determine our offering for the recompense of our dead relatives. It is in Ahadith that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) asked a small container of food prepared for two or three people, read some Quranic verses on them which resulted in Barakah and the food was sufficient to feed hundreds of people. It is in Hadith "Kullu amrin zee baalin lam yubda' bihamdillahi fa hua abtar" (meaning - Every important thing which does not start with the praise of Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی)(Alhamdulillahi) is vitiated (devoid of virtue).

Thus Fateha is a requirement established by Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)commandment and is in practice since the time of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم).

It is a Prophet(صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)practice for barakah in the food. In addition, how How can you do things in a haphazard way? When people are invited for Fateha, you should allow them to join you in reciting Quran. When all the people join in a social gathering, in reading Quran and in eating, the beneficiaries of such are many dead relatives of all the people who have gathered for Fateha.

Why should we do Fateha at a specific time in a year.? Like at the time of Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)birth day, at the time of the birth day of Ghousul Azam (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ), on 40th day after the death of a person and on certain other occasions?Because it is Sunnah.

(3)
Prophet Mohammad

Your first question tells me you haven't read my first post at all. But anyways i am posting some further writings of scholars that will clarify that for you.

Giyarween Shareef is specifically an Esaale-Sawaab for Sayyiduna Sheikh Abdul Qaadir Jilani (Razi Allaho Anho). These are many proofs in the Holy Qur an, the Ahadith and from the statements of many of the illustrious Ulema and Mashaaikh of Islam substantiating the validity of Esaale-Sawaab.

The entire structure of humanity rests upon mutual help and collective effort among human beings. Human rights have been best protected by law in Islam. There are rights of relatives, neighbors, parents and even our dead people. It is an Islamic obligation upon the living people to do something for their dead which helps them in their lives in Hereafter.

How can we forget our dead, particularly our parents, teachers and Shuyooks who have helped us so much during their life times. What kind of human beings we are if we resort to destroying their graves soon after their deaths in the name of Islam and treat their graves like deities (idols) and associate shirk with them?

Reading of Quran, fasting, charity, feeding people, construction of mosques or schools in the name of our dead relatives etc., are a few ways by which we can donate recompense (Thawaab) for them. This helps them in increasing their comforts (if they were good Muslims) and in reducing their torment (if they were sinful Muslims).

So you partially answered to my 2nd question but never touched the 1st one.
ok now, I have witnessed people coming to streets with a drum and a large cloth and asking for donations for Giyarwi Shareef, is it allowed???
2ndly, they do not read Quran or something else but only lectures and marsiye and then langar which they all attend for. I have seen all this, so you can't denied that; moreover, for a long time I have been with people from this sect.

Moreover, if you could give any example from the life of Prophet (S.A.W) and his companions and what about ​Urs????

Pakistani1947

Jabir b. Abdullah said: When Allah's Messenger (may peace he upon him) delivered the sermon, his eyes became red, his voice rose. and his anger increased so that he was like one giving a warning against the enemy and saying:" The enemy has made a morning attack on you and in the evening too." He would also say:" The last Hour and I have been sent like these two." and he would join his forefinger and middle finger; and would further say:" The best of the speech is embodied in the Book of Allah, and the best of the guidance is the guidance given by Muhammad. And the most evil affairs are their innovations; and every innovation is error." He would further say:, I am more dear to a Muslim even than his self; and he who left behind property that is for his family. and he who dies under debt or leaves children (in helplessness). the responsibility (of paying his debt and bringing up his children) lies on me." (Sahih Muslim Book #004, Hadith #1885)

'Asim reported: I asked Anas b. Malik whether Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had declared Medina as sacred. He said: Yes. (the area) between so and so. He who made any innovation in it, and further said to me:
It is something serious to make any innovation in it (and he who does it) there is upon him the curse of Allah, and that of the angels and of all the people, Allah will not accept from him on the Day of Resurrection either obligatory acts or the surpererogatory acts. Ibn Anas said: Or he accommodates an innovator.

MuslimPK

Voter (50+ posts)
Lo g aik aur aa giya munafiq,ALLAH ko sab mantay hain,in ko bemari us waqt parhti hay jab NABIpbuh ka zikar hota hai,abbu jahal nahi manaaa tha,tu apa kaisay mano ge?

Yes, main nahi manta qabron ko pujna, main nahi manta insaanon ko who sifat daina jo sirf Allah S.W.T kay hain, main nahi manta peeron aur mavlion ko sajday karma, main nahi manta qabron ka tawaf karma, main nahi manta pakistan mein shaitan ka hajj karma, main nahi manta key peer (koi be makhlooq) aik waqt mein 10000 (eik say zyada) jagah par ho sakta hai (jaisa keh tumaray (hazrat) khan sahib farmatey hain), main nahi manta key Allah S.W.T key alawa koi meray dua ka jawab de sakta hai (qabool kar sakta hai).

I dont care if you call me wahabi, deobandi, salafi or anything for having this aqeedah. Wahab is one of the beautiful names of Allah S.W.T. Most barelvi dont know that. Even you refer wahabi to Imam Muhammad Bin Abdul Wahab (Rahimahullah) I am still happy with that. In recent history he was the man who eliminate all shirk and bidaah practices from the holy land and all Saudi Arabia. Alhamdulillah

Pakistani1947

Read following authentic Hadeeths again and decide whether you want to blind follow your Peers or follow what our Prophet Muhammad pbuh has ordered. Now please do not start searching for weak Hadeeths to justify your Peers believe:

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)

You still Havent answered my question ...Do you know more than Hazrat Umar ra (bigsmile)
??... I can assure you, you will never have an answer to this question (bigsmile) Searching for weak hadith is still better than reading your rubbish posts Pakistan1947 (bigsmile) ...All you are doing here is BLINDLY POSTING Hadiths without any SCHOLARLY EXPLANATION...and hence propogating only ALLAH knows What.

Clearly the Hadith you have mentioned are taking about Biddah E saiyyah ...Not Biddah e Hasanah :)...And you are talking abour WEAK HADITH ...Based on which Scholars '??[hilar][hilar]

Are you doing Taqllid Pakistan1947 ???...Let me guess your scholars IBN BAZ ??...ALBANI ???..[hilar][hilar]...The same ALBANI who doctored Bukhari Shareef and is not even considered a scholar among the Ahle Sunnah (bigsmile)

Now let me give you a final blow into your myths ...AUTHENTIC ..Fresh from the Books...for people like you (bigsmile)

"If a Muslim innovates a good innovation (in Islam), he shall be rewarded for innovating it and shall be rewarded each time another Muslim follows it. Moreover, the Muslim who will follow it will also be rewarded". [Note: Reported by Muslim, Ahmad, Al-Tirmidhi, Al-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah on the authority of Jurair, Sahih Al -Jami' Al- Saghir, No.6305]

The Author of all these books are my peers ..Muslim Shareef, Trimidhi Shareef, Nasai Shareef and Ibn Majah Shareef are ALL written by MY PEERS right (bigsmile)

These peers are loved by all genuine muslims ...I'm not too sure about you though ...lol lol
[hilar][hilar]

Read following authentic Hadeeths again and decide whether you want to blind follow your Peers or follow what our Prophet Muhammad pbuh has ordered. Now please do not start searching for weak Hadeeths to justify your Peers believe:

Status
Not open for further replies.