Rasool Pur Village in Pakistan Boasts 100% Literacy & No Crime

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)

http://www.riazhaq.com/2013/06/rasoolpur-model-village-in-pakistan.html

Pakistan's sensational media coverage projects only the dark side of the country with a constant stream of news stories of militancy, illiteracy and deprivation. But BBC Urdu took a road less traveled and found a small village of Rasoolpur in the Punjab which demolishes some of the worst stereotypes of the country.

Here's how BBC describes it:

??? ???? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ??? ?? ?? ???? ??? ??? ?? ???? ??? ???? ?? ??? ???? ??? ???? ????? 99 ???? ??? ??????? ??? ???? ????? ?? ?????? ????? ?? ?????? ?????? ??? ????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???? ???? ???????

Rasoolpur is a village with a population of just 2000. Most of its residents are ethnic Baloch whose ancestors migrated from Pakistan's Balochistan province to Southern Punjab. It is located in Rajanpur district in the Seraiki speaking region. Its literacy rate is near 100%. The United Nations defines literacy as the ability to sign one's name. But Rasoolpuris hold themselves to a much higher standard; they have all their children finish high school.

There are no children out of school. It is crime-free. It is clean. There are two high schools, one for the girls and other for the boys.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2013/06/rasoolpur-model-village-in-pakistan.html
Here's a BBC Urdu video about Rasoolpur village:

Last edited by a moderator:

frenes

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: Rasoolpur Village in Pakistan Boasts 100% Literacy and No Crime

Thx 4 shearing
کاش کراچی رسول پر سے ہی کچھ مت لے

shassan655

Senator (1k+ posts)

No doubt..it's very clean...I did not see sewerage overflowing or anything. But I don't understand one thing..why don't they let outsiders come and live with them. I wish when I go and visit pakistan I can check this place out.

miafridi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Bravo. We need more such villages.

NasNY

You don't need money to educate and fix Pakistan , all you need is a Plan.

Pakistan is just one step away from being a prosperous and peaceful Nation.

One step is easy to take, all you need is will.

Without a will to take the step, Pakistan will always remain standing.

PkRevolution

Good to see that people are aware of education and they look much organized as compare to other villages.

Just one thing i did not like that People from outside are not welcome and they can not buy even land there. This is wrong practice as Pakistanis should be able to buy or live anywhere in Pakistan.

modern.fakir

Mashallah this is a Role model for All of Pakistan (clap)(clap)(clap)

Last edited by a moderator:

saeed khan

I felt that there is simplicity in Rasoolpur and there is no rat race but why do not they let others settle down in Rasoolpur ?
I want to live there.

Last edited:

forzeb

Minister (2k+ posts)

Amazing village does not look like part of Pakistan

Raja Farhan Arif

MPA (400+ posts)

Inspiring.........This is the impact of education in our life so in true sense this one is the Model Village..

This is the dream of Quaid Pakistan

HomoSapien

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Rasoolpur Village in Pakistan Boasts 100% Literacy & No Crime

Anyone want to visit that village let me know and we (as a group) go there and create a (sort of) documentary on their living style.

Imranpak

It's all about education. Give a man a fish and feed him for a day but teach him to fish then you're feeding even his family for life. Similarly, educate a man and it's only him but educate a lady and you do so the entire family. We want an educated Pakistan.

bulgars004

MPA (400+ posts)

(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap):You_Rock_Emoticon:

Believer12

ایک مولوی اور ایک مسجد جسکے ساتھ ملحقہ ایک مدرسہ کھولنے کی اجازت دلوا دیں اور ایک سال بعد اسی گاوں کے لوگ شیعہ ،سنی،وھابی اور جانے کن کن ٹکڑوں میں بٹے ھوے ھونگے۔