Visiting Graves a Practice of the Salaf - Explained by the Ahle Sunnah

Status
Not open for further replies.

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
Correct understanding of
Quranic verses and Ahadith

In the court of Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) the believers and non-believers are treated differently.
It is in Quran - أُولَـٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ حَقًّا ۚ لَّهُمْ دَرَجَاتٌ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ وَمَغْفِرَةٌ وَرِزْقٌ كَرِيمٌ [Meaning - Those are they who are in truth believers. For them are Grades (of honor) with their Lord, and pardon, and a bountiful provision. (Al-Anfal - 4)]
It is in Quran - وَلَوْ تَرَىٰ إِذْ يَتَوَفَّى الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا ۙ الْمَلَائِكَةُ يَضْرِبُونَ وُجُوهَهُمْ وَأَدْبَارَهُمْ وَذُوقُوا عَذَابَ الْحَرِيقِ[Meaning - If you could see how the angels receive those who disbelieve, smiting faces and their backs and (saying): Taste the punishment of burning! (Al-Anfal - 50)]
It is in Quran - أَمْ حَسِبَ الَّذِينَ اجْتَرَحُوا السَّيِّئَاتِ أَن نَّجْعَلَهُمْ كَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ سَوَاءً مَّحْيَاهُمْ وَمَمَاتُهُمْ ۚ سَاءَ مَا يَحْكُمُونَ [ Meaning - As for those who (do not have faith, and) indulge in (evil) sinful doings, do they think that We place them - both in their life and their death - on equal footing with those who have attained to faith and do righteous deeds? Bad indeed is their judgment. ] (Al-Jathiya - 21)

The above Quranic verses clearly specify that there are grades of honor and rewards for pious Muslims in Hereafter; while non believers and hypocrites are treated as criminals and are punished for their crimes. Therefore, the Graves of pious believers and the graves of disbelievers and hypocrites are not treated as same, even by the Angels.
Since the graves of non-believers (Mushrikeen) and hypocrites are the places of apostasy, we are forbidden from visiting them or making these graves higher from the ground or make domes over them.
Take the examples of mosques, churches and temples which are built as massive structures, but these buildings are not treated alike. Mosque is a place where we pray Allah( سبحانہ و تعا لی )[COLOR=[URL=http://www.siasat.pk/forum/misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_hash&hash=222280%5D%5BFONT%3DGeorgia%5D]#222280][/URL] while Churches and Temples are places of apostasy where idols are worshiped; therefore, we should avoid visiting them for the purpose of prayers. [/COLOR]
The pious grave of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and graves of Sahabah (رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم اجمعین ) and Awliya Allah are like gardens of Paradise, where they receive paradise's cool breeze, therefore, building tombs over them is very much liked by Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) and His Apostle (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم). We have explained this issue in detail in a separate Article. Read that Article
Prophet Mohammad's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) place is exalted in the cosmos, as described in verse أَن يَبْعَثَكَ رَبُّكَ مَقَامًا مَّحْمُودًا ( Meaning - Allah - سبحانہ و تعا لی will raise you to the highest place of praise and glory ) (Al-Isra - 79). Therefore, his resting place, his pious grave, is naturally exalted in the cosmos and should be honored accordingly.

It is in Hadith - Narrated 'Abdullah bin Zaid Al-Mazini (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ): Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said, "Between my house (currently his pious grave) and the pulpit (in Masjid-e-Nabawi) there is a Garden of the Gardens of Paradise." (Bukhari - Book #21, Hadith #286).
It is common sense that no one would like to visit the graves of Mushrikeen or hypocrites in the first place. It is also a known fact that we visit the graves of sinful (fasiq) Muslims only to pray for their pardon from Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ). We do not sit there, or kiss their graves with reverence or ask them to pray for us. A person who is undergoing Azab for his wrong deeds, he neither deserves respect (on par with Awliya Allah) nor he can help others by his Dua.
In our physical world also, we go to important officials to recommend our case to higher authorities. We do not go to a convict who is undergoing Jail term and ask for his help. If we do that, people will laugh at us.
Allah( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) loves everything related to Awliya Allah; be it their homes in this world, or their graves. This is the reason, their sacred bodies remain fresh in their graves. Read More (Part - III)
When we visit Rawdha-e-Rasool (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) or Graves of Sahabah (رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم اجمعین ) and Awliya Allah, we should pay a lot of respect. We can touch these graves, or kiss them and request Awliya Allah to pray for us for our benefit in both the worlds. Remember, we don't go Sahabah and Awliya Allah's graves to seek their pardon from Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ). If we do that, it will be treated as disrespect and we may be punished for our irrational behavior.
It is in Quran يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَرْفَعُوا أَصْوَاتَكُمْ فَوْقَ صَوْتِ النَّبِيِّ وَلَا تَجْهَرُوا لَهُ بِالْقَوْلِ كَجَهْرِ بَعْضِكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ أَن تَحْبَطَ أَعْمَالُكُمْ وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَشْعُرُونَ- إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَغُضُّونَ أَصْوَاتَهُمْ عِندَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُولَـٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ امْتَحَنَ اللَّهُ قُلُوبَهُمْ لِلتَّقْوَىٰ ۚ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌ وَأَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌ - ( Meaning - O' you who believe! Raise not your voices above the voice of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), nor speak aloud to him in talk, as you may speak aloud to one another, lest your deeds become vain and you perceive not. Those that lower their voices in the presence of Allah's Messenger(صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), their hearts has Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) tested for piety: for them is Forgiveness and a great Reward. (Al-Hujraat 2-3).

We are positive that no one in this world will ever be able to bring forth a 'Sahih report' from the Salaf or Khalaf prohibiting visiting the grave of the Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) for tabarruk and tawassul by him after his death.
We are not talking about Salafis and their like minded scholars whose Iman is questionable as they believe in an Sky Idol as their God.

Salafis and their like minded groups confuse innocent Muslims by imposing Quranic verses and Ahadith on Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), Sahabah (رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم اجمعین ) and Awliya Allah which were actually meant for non believer Makkan Pagans and hypocrites.
In the following paragraphs, we explained this issue in detail and have cleared all doubts created by Salafis.
(1) It is in Quran - إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ (Meaning - Your guardian (or solver of grievances) can only be Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) and His Messenger ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) and those who believe, who establish Salah, and pay Zakat and bow down (in prayer) (Al-Maeda - 55) ( Pickthal translation).
The above verse clearly establishes that Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) is the Guardian and solver of grievances of people. In addition, Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) is also the guardian and solver of grievances of people in the sense that Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) listens to his prayers more than anyone else. Similarly, Sahabah (رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم اجمعین ) and Awliya Allah are also guardians and solvers of grievances of people in the sense that their Dua is answered faster than the Dua of sinful Muslims.
The above Quranic verse clearly establishes the authenticity of Isteghatha (asking for help) and Tawassul (Mediation) of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), Sahabah (رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم اجمعین ) and Awliya Allah, during their lives and after their deaths.
Ibn Taymiyya (1263-1328 ), the number one in command of Salafis wrote -
QUOTE - Some people came to the pious grave of our Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) and requested something and their needs were fulfilled. In the same way, the pious people can also fulfill the needs of the people and we do not deny this. (Iqtida as-Sarat al-Mustaqim-page 373 by Ibn Taymiyya). UNQUOTE. [SIZE=+0]Read similar statements of other Salafi scholars[/SIZE]
We are providing below Arabic Manuscripts about Imam Ahmad affirming seeking blessings from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) by touching and kissing his Minber and Grave.
moz-screenshot.png
imam_ahmad_tabarruk.gif

وفي كتاب سؤالات عبد الله بن أحمد بن حنبل لأحمد رضي الله عنه قال: سألت أبي عن مسّ الرجل رمانة المنبر يقصد التبرك وكذلك عن مس القبر فقال: لا بأس بذلك ا.هـ.

وفي كتاب العلل ومعرفة الرجال ما نصه: سألته عن الرجل يمس منبر النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ويتبرك بمسه ويقبّله ويفعل بالقبر مثل ذلك أو نحو هذا يريد بذلك التقرب إلى الله جل وعز، وقال: لا بأس بذلك ا.هـ.
و التبرّك لغة هو طلب البركة أي الخير .. اللهم انفعنا ببركة سيدنا محمّد صلى الله عليه و سلم.
English Translation of the above Manuscripts
In the book Sualat (Questions of) Abdullah, son of Ahmad bin Hanbal to Ahmad He said: I asked my father (Ahmad bin Hanbal) about the person that touches the Rummanah Podium Knob (Where the Prophet - صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم - used to put his hand) with the intention of seeking blessings, and about touching the Grave of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) for blessings, he (Ahmad) said: Nothing wrong with that. Read 50 more similar Ahadith and reports of Salaf

(2) It is in Hadith - Narrated Ali Ibn Abu Talib (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ): Abu Salih al-Ghifari (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) reported: Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) (once) passed by Babylon during his travels. The Mu'adhdhin (the person who calls for prayer) came to him to call for the afternoon prayer. When Ali ( رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) passed by that place, he commanded to announce for the prayer. After finishing the prayer he said: My affectionate friend (Prophet - صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) prohibited me to say prayer in the Graveyard. He also forbade me to offer prayer in Babylon because it is accursed. (Abu Dawood - Book #2, Hadith #0490).
The above Hadith clearly states that we should not offer prayers near the graves of Mushrikeen and those who were killed by Wrath of Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) (Babylon).
However, this is not the case with the Graves of pious Sahabah and Awliya Allah. It is in Hadith, Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) performed Id Al-Adha prayer near Baqi because all graves at that time belonged to Sahabah (see Hadith No. 8 below).
(3) It is in Quran - 'فَتَوَلَّىٰ عَنْهُمْ وَقَالَ يَا قَوْمِ لَقَدْ أَبْلَغْتُكُمْ رِسَالَةَ رَبِّي وَنَصَحْتُ لَكُمْ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا تُحِبُّونَ النَّاصِحِينَ [Meaning - So Salih (علیھ السلا م ) left them saying: O'my People, I did indeed convey to you the message for which I was sent by my Lord: I gave you good counsel but you love not good Counselors] (Al-Araf - 79).
The above verse refers that Prophet Salih (علیھ السلا م ) addressed his people, after they were perished by Allah's ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) Wrath (Azab), and reminded them that what he said during their life time was truth.
Similarly, it is in Hadith (narrated by Bukhari, Muslim and others) that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) addressed the dead bodies of pagans killed at Badar and reminded them that what he said to them during their life time was correct.
(4) It is in Hadith - Narrated Hisham's father: It was mentioned before Ummul Momineen Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) that Ibn 'Umar (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) attributed the following statement to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) "The dead person is punished in the Grave because of the crying and lamentation of his family." On that, Ummul Momineen Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) said, "But Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said, 'The dead person is punished for his crimes and sins while his family cry over him then." She added, "And this is similar to the statement of Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) when he stood by the (edge of the) well which contained the corpses of the pagans killed at Badr, 'They hear what I say.' She added, "But he said now they know very well what I used to tell them was the truth." Ummul Momineen Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) then recited (the Quranic verses): فَإِنَّكَ لَا تُسْمِعُ الْمَوْتَىٰ [Meaning - You cannot make the dead hear] (Ar-Room - 52) and وَمَا أَنتَ بِمُسْمِعٍ مَّن فِي الْقُبُورِ [Meaning - You cannot make those who are in Graves, hear you.] (Fatir - 22) that is, when they had taken their places in Fire. (Bukhari - Book #59, Hadith #316).
The above Hadith, Ummul Momineen Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) refers to the Hadith of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) about the Pagans killed at Badr and makes a distinction between the two categories of dead people; (i) the non-believers and hypocrites (ii) Believers and pious Muslims. She clarifies that we cannot make the dead non-believers and hypocrites hear while they are undergoing Azab-e-Qabr. How can they hear to our voice properly among the loud noise of beating by hunters and other instruments of Azab as well as their constant shrieks in pain.

But this is not the case with pious Muslims. They are in comforts in their life after death. They can very well hear to our call and reply to our questions, as the boy replied to Hazrat Umer (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) when he visited his grave. Click Here to read detail at 18(c).
(5) It is in Quran - وَلَا تُصَلِّ عَلَىٰ أَحَدٍ مِّنْهُم مَّاتَ أَبَدًا وَلَا تَقُمْ عَلَىٰ قَبْرِهِ ۖ إِنَّهُمْ كَفَرُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَمَاتُوا وَهُمْ فَاسِقُون [Meaning - 'And never, (O' Prophet - صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) pray (funeral prayer) for anyone of them that dies, nor stand at his Grave. Certainly they disbelieved in Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) and His Apostle (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) and died in a state of rebellion'. (at-Tauba -84).
The above Quranic verse clearly specifies that we should not stand (sit or pray) near the Graves of non-believers and hypocrites.
However, we are allowed to visit, stand or sit and pray near the graves of pious Muslims. We can also stand near the grave of a fasiq Muslim to pray for his pardon from Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ).
(6) It is in Hadith - Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said: The people before you took graves as mosques. I prohibit this to you." ( Masnad Ahmad).
(7) It is in Hadith - Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) said :" Do not pray facing a grave and do not sit on one." (Sahih Muslim)
Both the above Ahadith refer to the old customs of Pagans, Jews and Christians who built structures on the graves of their dead to worship them. This has been forbidden in Islam.
Salafis quote the above Ahadith to misguide Muslims that reading of Quran or doing Salah near the graves of Awliya Allah is not allowed. This is their ill conceived notion which is against the teachings of Quran and Ahadith.
(8) It is in Hadith - Narrated Al-Bara (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ): The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) went towards Al-Baqi (the Graveyard at Medina) on the day of Id-ul-Adha and offered a two-Rakat prayer (of 'Id-ul-Adha).... (part of the Hadith). (Bukhari - Book #15, Hadith #93).
There are innumerable Ahadith that Sahaba read Quran, did zikr near the pious grave of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم). They kissed, embraced and requested the Prophet to solve their problems related to this world. Read more Ahadith.

(9) It is in Hadith - Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) : The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said: I forbade you three things, and now I command (permit) you for them. I forbade you to visit graves, now you may visit them, for in visiting them there is admonition. I forbade you drinks except from skin vessels, but now you may drink from any kind of vessels, but do not drink an intoxicant. I forbade you to eat the meat of sacrificial animals after three days, but now you may eat and enjoy it during your journeys. (Abu Dawood - Book #26, Hadith #3689).
The above Hadith clarifies an important issue. Pagans used to consider idols as God and a source of recommendation to their Chief Idol God. All kinds of rituals and practices like touching, kissing, pouring milk or blood of slaughtered animal over these idols were widespread among pagan society. Some of them perhaps used to do these rituals with the graves of their prominent dead people. Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) stopped Muslims from all that, including visiting the Pagan graves.
In the initial period of Islam the graveyards were full of the graves of pagans. Therefore Muslims were stopped from visiting these graves as these belonged to non-believers. After some years, when Muslim graveyards like Jannatul Baqi at Madina were developed, Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) permitted Muslims to visit Graveyards.
In the same way, restrictions in other areas were also lifted as Muslims were sufficiently trained in Islam.
(10) It is in Hadith - Narrated Ummul Momineen Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) and 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) : When the last moment of the life of Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) came, he started putting his 'Khamisa' on his face and when he felt hot and short of breath he took it off his face and said, "May Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places of worship at the Graves of their Prophets." The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) was warning (Muslims) of what those had done. (Bukhari Book #8, Hadith #427).
(11) It is in Hadith - Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ): The Apostle of Allah (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) cursed women who visit Graves, those who built mosques over them and erected lamps (there). (Abu Dawood - Book #20, Hadith #3230)

(12) It is in Hadith - Yahya (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) related to me from Malik (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) from Zayd ibn Aslam (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) from Ata ibn Yasar (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) that the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said, "O Allah( سبحانہ و تعا لی )! Do not make my Grave an idol that is worshiped. The anger on those who took the Graves of their Prophets as places of prostration was terrible." (Muatta' Imm Malik - Book #9, Hadith #9.24.88)
Ahadith nos 10, 11 and 12 above specify that the Christians and Jews associated divinity with their Prophets and made Churches and Prayer halls over the graves of their Prophets. In the above Ahadith Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) is referring to that practices and warning Muslims never to follow the foot steps of Jews and Christians.
The above restriction is related with idolizing prophets as divine beings and making worship houses over their graves.
Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) also shows anger on women who visit the graves (of non-Muslim pagan relatives) and he is stopping Muslims from falling victims to such practices.
However, women can visit Muslim graveyards when they observe proper Hijab. Read more
We have not come across any Hadith in the entire Hadith literature in which Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) stopped people from celebrating his birthday or arranging Islamic gatherings to show happiness. Click Here to read details
There is a difference in building a tomb over the grave of a Mushrik or hypocrite and building a tomb over the grave of a beloved of Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ).

zeshaan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Modren fakir,
please zara apni post kee tafseel urdu main bhee translate kar dain takeh meray jaisoon koo bhee samajh aa jaay,zara mushkil hoti hay,kaheen khud say tarjuma kartay huaay galtee naa hoo jaay.

Last edited:

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
Salam Brother...I can barely write urdu so my translation would leave much to be desired . But i will request an urdu translation of this article for you. In the meantime ...you can listen to this Bayan and this is a similar way of convincing yourself about the truths of visiting the grave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vGmS9rtsi0

Jazak Allah and spread the truth too as many people as possible ...Islam needs people like you :)....salam!

Modren fakir,
plewase zara apni post kee tafseel urdu main bhee translate kar dain takeh meray jaisoon koo bhee samajh aa jaay,zara mushkil hoti hay,kaheen khud say tarjuma kartay huaay galtee naa hoo jaay.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
I dont think so.

Any prophet visited the grave of other porophet?

Did Hazat Muhammad visit the grave of Hazrat Ibrahim.

The deen is strainght path , and have no connection with Tahir Ul Qadri.

I respect the wali Allah people , who changed the life of thundreds of people and made muslim.

It is not easy job. we could change a person from any political party and those people changed the religion ....it is not any easy job.

but then people sat on their graves and did nothing except drinking Bhang and dancing.

IT IS NOT DEEN.

Bombaybuz

Minister (2k+ posts)
Visiting graves is fine ... and of your Muslim ancestors even advised ... not just to prey for them but this reminds us where the circle of life ends... but anything more then that and then what right now happens on mazarat and roozat in paksitan for me being part of it is a BIG NO ... but i have no objection if one feels like going praying and so on and so forth... but it reminds me what i heard Iqbal saying ...
Jin ko aata nahi dunya mein koi fun ' tum ho,
nahi jis qaum ko parwa e nasheman ' tum ho,
bijliyan jis mein hon aasooda wo kherman tum ho,
baich khatay hain jo aslaaf k madfann tm ho..!!

Haideri Faqr Hai, Nay Doalat-e-Usmani Hai
Tum Ko Aslaaf Say Kya Nisbat-e-Ruhaani Hai?

ajeeba

MPA (400+ posts)
None convincing article, looks like ahadess and ayats have been wrongly explained for your own purpose here, islam is very clear, there is no place for shirk. Kuffar used to say the same thing that these idols are our messengers and they are communicating with Allah for us. its a common sense. no shirk please,

Pakistani1947

Forbiddance to build mosques on the graves and decorating them with pictures and forbiddance to use the graves as mosques

There is no harm in visiting the graves of Muslims as long as the purpose of visit is to pray for them (the dead) NOT asking the dead inside the grave to help them or bless them with child or asking for any other benefits, if somebody does that it would be SHIRK.

It is forbidden in Islam to build mosques on the graves and to decorate them with pictures and it is forbidden to use the graves as mosques.

'A'isha reported: Umm Habiba and Umm Salama made a mention before the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) of a church which they had seen in Abyssinia and which had pictures in it. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When a pious person amongst them (among the religious groups) dies they build a place of worship on his grave, and then decorate it with such pictures. They would be the worst of creatures on the Day of judgment in the sight of Allah. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1076)

'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said during his illness from which he never recovered: Allah cursed the Jews and the Christians that they took the graves of their prophets as mosques. She ('A'isha) reported: Had it not been so, his (Prophet's) grave would have been in an open place, but it could not be due to the fear that it may not be taken as a mosque. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1079)

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Let Allah destroy the Jews for they have taken the graves of their apostles as places of worship. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1080)

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Let there be curse of Allah upon the Jews and the Christians for they have taken the graves of their apostles as places of worship. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1081)

'A'isha and Abdullah reported: as the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was about to breathe his last, he drew his sheet upon his face and when he felt uneasy, he uncovered his face and said in that very state: Let there be curse upon the Jews and the Christians that they have taken the graves of their apostles as places of worship. He in fact warned (his men) against what they (the Jews and the Christians) did. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1082)

Jundub reported: I heard from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) five days before his death and he said: I stand acquitted before Allah that I took any one of you as friend, for Allah has taken me as His friend, as he took Ibrahim as His friend. Had I taken any one of my Ummah as a friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a friend. Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1083)

Last edited:

such bolo

بسم اللہ الرحمٰن الرحیم

ایک شخص پانی کو حلال ثابت کرنے کے بعد اس میں شراب ملا دے اور پینا شروع کردے اور پھر اگر لوگ سوال کریں تو کہتا جائے پانی پینا حلال ہے، اور شراب کا ذکر تک نہ کرے

میرے بھائی آپ قبروں کی زیارت کے جائز ہونے کی بنیاد پر، قبروں پر ہونے والے شرکیہ اور کفریہ افعال کو کیسے جائز قرار دسکتے ہیں؟؟؟

بھائی قبروں کی زیارت جیسے جائز عمل کے ساتھ آجکل جو شرک اور بدعت ہو رہا ہے اس پر ذرا روشنی ڈالیں

قبروں پر عرس
قبروں پر قوالی
قبروں پر چادریں
قبروں پر منت
قبروں پر نیاز
قبروں پر دھمال
قبروں پر چلے
قبروں پر سجدے
قبروں کو چومنا
قبروں کا طواف
قبروں کی مجاوری
قبروں پر ناچ
قبروں پر رات گزارنا
قبروں پر عبادت
قبر والے کو پکارنا
قبر کو پکا کرنا
قبر کو اونچا کرنا
قبر پر چراغ جلانا
قبر پر لکھنا

وغیرہ وغیرہ

قبروں کی زیارت کی آڑ میں یہ سب کیسے جائز؟؟؟؟

Last edited:

Pakistani1947

Grave-worshiping

The belief that dead awliyaa’ (“saints”) can fulfil one’s needs or help at times of distress, and calling upon them for aid. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him . . .” [al-Israa’ 17:23]

اور تیرا رب فیصلہ کر چکا ہے اس کے سوا کسی کی عبادت نہ کرو

Similarly, they call upon dead Prophets, righteous people and others to intercede for them or to rescue them from some calamity, but Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations? Is there any ilaah (god) with Allaah? . . .” [al-Naml 27:62]

بھلا کون ہے جوبے قرار کی دعا قبول کرتا ہے اوربرائی کو دور کرتا ہے اور تمہیں زمین میں نائب بناتا ہے کیا الله کے ساتھ کوئی اور معبود بھی ہے تم بہت ہی کم سمجھتے ہو

Some of them have adopted the habit of mentioning the name of a shaykh or wali (“saint”) when they stand up, or sit down, or stumble, or encounter problems or distress, so they might say “O Muhammad!” or “O ‘Ali!” or “O Husayn!” or “O Badawi!” or “O Jeelaani!” or “O Shaadhili!” or “O Rifaa’i!” - or they may call upon al-’Aydaroos or Sayyidah Zaynab or Ibn ‘Alwaan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily those whom you call upon besides Allaah are slaves like you . . .” [al-A’raf 7:194]

بے شک جنہیں تم الله کے سوا پکارتے ہو وہ تمہاری طرح کے بندے ہیں پھر انہیں پکار کر دیکھو پھر چاہے کہ وہ تمہاری پکار کو قبول کریں اگر تم سچے ہو

Some of those who worship graves walk around them as if in Tawaaf, and acknowledge their corners, or touch them, kiss them, wipe their faces with their dust, prostrate towards them when they see them, or stand before them in fear and humility, praying for whatever they need of healing from some disease, or for a child, or for help with some difficulty. Sometimes they call upon the occupant of the grave, saying “O my master, I have come to you from far away, so do not let me down.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever dies calling on someone else as a rival to Allaah, will enter Hell.”
(Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 8/176).

Some of them shave their heads at the graves, and some have books with titles like Manaasik Hajj al-Mashaahid (“The Rituals of Pilgrimage to Shrines”), mashaahid or shrines referring to graves or tombs of awliyaa’. Some of them believe that the awliyaa’ are running the affairs of the universe and that they have the power to benefit or harm. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if Allaah touches you with hurt, there is none who can remove it but He; and if He intends any good for you, there is no one who can repel His Favour . . .” [Yoonus 10:107]
اوراگر الله تمہیں کوئی تکلیف پہنچائے تو اس کے سوا اسے ہٹانے والا کوئی نہیں اور اگر تمہیں کوئی بھلائی پہنچانا چاہے توکوئی اس کے فضل کو پھیرنے والا نہیں

It is also shirk to make a vow to any other than Allaah, as is done by those who vow to bring candles or lights for the occupants of the graves.

Source

Last edited:

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
[MENTION=4976]pakistani[/MENTION]1947
Shukar he zara choti post ki he. (just joking) lekin theek ki he.

such bolo

بسم اللہ الرحمٰن الرحیم

ایک شخص پانی کو حلال ثابت کرنے کے بعد اس میں شراب ملا دے اور پینا شروع کردے اور پھر اگر لوگ سوال کریں تو کہتا جائے پانی پینا حلال ہے، اور شراب کا ذکر تک نہ کرے

میرے بھائی آپ قبروں کی زیارت کے جائز ہونے کی بنیاد پر، قبروں پر ہونے والے شرکیہ اور کفریہ افعال کو کیسے جائز قرار دسکتے ہیں؟؟؟

بھائی قبروں کی زیارت جیسے جائز عمل کے ساتھ آجکل جو شرک اور بدعت ہو رہا ہے اس پر ذرا روشنی ڈالیں

قبروں پر عرس
قبروں پر قوالی
قبروں پر چادریں
قبروں پر منت
قبروں پر نیاز
قبروں پر دھمال
قبروں پر چلے
قبروں پر سجدے
قبروں کو چومنا
قبروں کا طواف
قبروں کی مجاوری
قبروں پر ناچ
قبروں پر رات گزارنا
قبروں پر عبادت
قبر والے کو پکارنا
قبر کو پکا کرنا
قبر کو اونچا کرنا
قبر پر چراغ جلانا
قبر پر لکھنا

وغیرہ وغیرہ

قبروں کی زیارت کی آڑ میں یہ سب کیسے جائز؟؟؟؟
کیا اللہ کے رسول pbuh نے جو قبروں کی زیارت کی اجازت دی تھے تو اسکا مقصد یہ سب کچھ کرنا تھا؟؟؟

یہی سب کام تو مشرکین مکہ اور دیگر مشرک قبروں پر کرتے تھے اور آج کے مشرک بھی یہی کچھ کرتے ہیں اور اسی شرک اور بدعت سے اللہ کے نبی pbuh لوگوں کو بچانے اے اور الحمدلللہ کامیاب ہووے

آج ہمیں بھی انہی خرافات سے لوگوں کو روکنا ہے اور خود بھی رکنا ہے کے یہی اللہ کے نبی pbuh کا مشن تھا..حیرت ہے ان نام نہاد علما پر جو اللہ کے نبی pbuh کا مشن آگے بڑھانے کے بجاے اسکے مخالف کام کر رہے ہیں....اللہ ایسے علما سے امّت کو بچالے

Last edited:

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Just like a person feels very bad if call him ," Harrami ". Illegal child. Rather he will kill himself or the person who call him like that.

Same, I am sure that that considering any other than Allah Talla as the beneficial or trustworthy is calling ourself as Harrami.

And Allah Tala dislike that we call ourself Harrami.

How comes a person could have two fathers or he call a person call father who is not .

Very understandable.

Allah dont need it but we need it to be linked with Our Allah, the only creator , the only caretaker. ( like real father.)

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
And no one is asking for your opinion !....My job is to post the truth which i have done....merely u uttering statements carries no weight !..Have fun :D

None convincing article, looks like ahadess and ayats have been wrongly explained for your own purpose here, islam is very clear, there is no place for shirk. Kuffar used to say the same thing that these idols are our messengers and they are communicating with Allah for us. its a common sense. no shirk please,

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Grave-worshiping

Pakistan1947 ..I pray to Allah (swt) and through the waseela of our Awliya Allah that May Allah show you the right path :)

The belief that dead awliyaa’ (“saints”) can fulfil one’s needs or help at times of distress, and calling upon them for aid. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him . . .” [al-Israa’ 17:23]

اور تیرا رب فیصلہ کر چکا ہے اس کے سوا کسی کی عبادت نہ کرو

Similarly, they call upon dead Prophets, righteous people and others to intercede for them or to rescue them from some calamity, but Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is not He (better than your gods) Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes you inheritors of the earth, generations after generations? Is there any ilaah (god) with Allaah? . . .” [al-Naml 27:62]

بھلا کون ہے جوبے قرار کی دعا قبول کرتا ہے اوربرائی کو دور کرتا ہے اور تمہیں زمین میں نائب بناتا ہے کیا الله کے ساتھ کوئی اور معبود بھی ہے تم بہت ہی کم سمجھتے ہو

Some of them have adopted the habit of mentioning the name of a shaykh or wali (“saint”) when they stand up, or sit down, or stumble, or encounter problems or distress, so they might say “O Muhammad!” or “O ‘Ali!” or “O Husayn!” or “O Badawi!” or “O Jeelaani!” or “O Shaadhili!” or “O Rifaa’i!” - or they may call upon al-’Aydaroos or Sayyidah Zaynab or Ibn ‘Alwaan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily those whom you call upon besides Allaah are slaves like you . . .” [al-A’raf 7:194]

بے شک جنہیں تم الله کے سوا پکارتے ہو وہ تمہاری طرح کے بندے ہیں پھر انہیں پکار کر دیکھو پھر چاہے کہ وہ تمہاری پکار کو قبول کریں اگر تم سچے ہو

Some of those who worship graves walk around them as if in Tawaaf, and acknowledge their corners, or touch them, kiss them, wipe their faces with their dust, prostrate towards them when they see them, or stand before them in fear and humility, praying for whatever they need of healing from some disease, or for a child, or for help with some difficulty. Sometimes they call upon the occupant of the grave, saying “O my master, I have come to you from far away, so do not let me down.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever dies calling on someone else as a rival to Allaah, will enter Hell.”
(Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 8/176).

Some of them shave their heads at the graves, and some have books with titles like Manaasik Hajj al-Mashaahid (“The Rituals of Pilgrimage to Shrines”), mashaahid or shrines referring to graves or tombs of awliyaa’. Some of them believe that the awliyaa’ are running the affairs of the universe and that they have the power to benefit or harm. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if Allaah touches you with hurt, there is none who can remove it but He; and if He intends any good for you, there is no one who can repel His Favour . . .” [Yoonus 10:107]
اوراگر الله تمہیں کوئی تکلیف پہنچائے تو اس کے سوا اسے ہٹانے والا کوئی نہیں اور اگر تمہیں کوئی بھلائی پہنچانا چاہے توکوئی اس کے فضل کو پھیرنے والا نہیں

It is also shirk to make a vow to any other than Allaah, as is done by those who vow to bring candles or lights for the occupants of the graves.

Source

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Forbiddance to build mosques on the graves and decorating them with pictures and forbiddance to use the graves as mosques

Pakistan1947 ..you are the biggest mental contradiction i have seen..All these versus mentioned above is for the Kuffar ...just like muslims and non muslims are not alike ...The Hadeeth for the kuffar cannot be applied to Muslims ..THIS IS WHERE YOU GO WRONG !!...We pray to you through the WASEELA of Sheikh Abdul Qadir al JIlani (Ra) to show you the right path :) ...Have fun !

There is no harm in visiting the graves of Muslims as long as the purpose of visit is to pray for them (the dead) NOT asking the dead inside the grave to help them or bless them with child or asking for any other benefits, if somebody does that it would be SHIRK.

It is forbidden in Islam to build mosques on the graves and to decorate them with pictures and it is forbidden to use the graves as mosques.

'A'isha reported: Umm Habiba and Umm Salama made a mention before the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) of a church which they had seen in Abyssinia and which had pictures in it. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When a pious person amongst them (among the religious groups) dies they build a place of worship on his grave, and then decorate it with such pictures. They would be the worst of creatures on the Day of judgment in the sight of Allah. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1076)

'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said during his illness from which he never recovered: Allah cursed the Jews and the Christians that they took the graves of their prophets as mosques. She ('A'isha) reported: Had it not been so, his (Prophet's) grave would have been in an open place, but it could not be due to the fear that it may not be taken as a mosque. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1079)

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Let Allah destroy the Jews for they have taken the graves of their apostles as places of worship. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1080)

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Let there be curse of Allah upon the Jews and the Christians for they have taken the graves of their apostles as places of worship. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1081)

'A'isha and Abdullah reported: as the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was about to breathe his last, he drew his sheet upon his face and when he felt uneasy, he uncovered his face and said in that very state: Let there be curse upon the Jews and the Christians that they have taken the graves of their apostles as places of worship. He in fact warned (his men) against what they (the Jews and the Christians) did. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1082)

Jundub reported: I heard from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) five days before his death and he said: I stand acquitted before Allah that I took any one of you as friend, for Allah has taken me as His friend, as he took Ibrahim as His friend. Had I taken any one of my Ummah as a friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a friend. Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1083)

Pakistani1947

Re: Forbiddance to build mosques on the graves and decorating them with pictures and forbiddance to use the graves as mosques

Pakistan1947 ..you are the biggest mental contradiction i have seen..All these versus mentioned above is for the Kuffar ...just like muslims and non muslims are not alike ...The Hadeeth for the kuffar cannot be applied to Muslims ..THIS IS WHERE YOU GO WRONG !!...We pray to you through the WASEELA of Sheikh Abdul Qadir al JIlani (Ra) to show you the right path :) ...Have fun !

modern fakir,

Do you know, in the following Hadeeth the word "you" is used for Muslim or non-Muslims?

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)

hahahahaha ....Amazing !.. Pakistan1947 ...I must say you are a true Gem !

Now you tell me Before the coming of the Muslims ...WHO PRECEDED THE MUSLIMS :d ?...Obviously the Muslims couldnt have Preceded the Muslims now could have they ???? :D :D..So obviously Our AkA Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is refering to the KufFar the Jews, the Christians and the Pagans ....And Who is taking graves as Mosques ... Dude are you BLIND ?

Okay let me put this straight !...Grave of Awliya Allah is a Blessed PLace so a person should go there to seek Essale sawab and blessings and their waseela.

For Average Muslims we go there to visit them because the dead believers know and recognise their relatives ..and PRAY for them !

That is all ...No one is taking a grave as a mosque ...and dont use foolish arguments to prove rubbish please!..Have Fun

modern fakir,

Do you know, in the following Hadeeth the word "you" is used for Muslim or non-Muslims?

Pakistani1947

Hajj in Pakistan

That is all ...No one is taking a grave as a mosque ...

This is good to know that you have realized after reading the above quoted Sahih Muslim Hadeeth that "it is fobidden to take grave as mosque". What would say about these ignorant Pakistanis who are even more modern than you that not only they are taking graves as mosque but they have started performing Hajj at the graves in Pakistan. (Nauzobillah)

modern fakir

MPA (400+ posts)
lol ...hahahahhaha ...So what do these videos Prove ???....Tell me something If some muslims Make a Mistake in prayers ..Does that mean Islam is Bad ???...hahahahahahahahahah

How old are you ...10 ?....Childish Man ...if some misguided followers is what u base ur interpretation of a religion then Pakistan1947 you should have your brain checked ....So you couldnt fight logically so you come up with these LAME and Baseless Videos ...Here are some Wahabii and salafi followers ..people like you who claim one you "understand quran on their own" ....Here see their antics !...Have fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQl_rcyLrh4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvGSMTKGaWE

Status
Not open for further replies.